Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

sah5150":2blcwu8z said:
Bob Savage":2blcwu8z said:
sah5150":2blcwu8z said:
Ok guys. I bought one because I couldn't find a 32mm Floyd titanium block. I'll let ya know what I think...

Steve

Are you going to do a variable controlled comparison so the before and after can be heard? I'd be glad to come over and participate if so.
Nah, I'm gonna give my subjective opinion based on having used normal size brass, big block brass and titanium blocks in a variety of Floyd-equipped guitars. No way I'm taking a Floyd apart twice, making clips, etc... unless someone's paying me to do so. :D

Based on my experience, I can tell if the thing makes a difference or not....

Steve

Record before the change and then after. Only have to take it apart once ;)

Bob Savage":4yhvs6z9 said:
messenger":4yhvs6z9 said:

I'm fairly certain that the guitar currently has no bridge installed.
Correctamundo!

Steve

charvelstrat81":3l6kcpki said:
sah5150":3l6kcpki said:
Bob Savage":3l6kcpki said:
messenger":3l6kcpki said:

Correctamundo!

Steve
Steve this "test" guitar, what body wood? does the guitar have a good natural sustain/tone?
Ok, I'm gonna use this guitar... It sounds very loud acoustically, but I haven't hooked up the electronics yet (waiting for a jackplate).

Chambered swamp ash body with spalted flame maple top. Flame maple quartersawn neck with bocote fingerboard. OX4 PAF clone pickups and a solid titanium Floyd/Floyd nut.

Ok, good news is I had to build the guitar to make sure everything was cool and I just used the 42mm Ti block I had in the Floyd. It is too big, but it is cool to test it. I'll actually be able to hear before and after.

I need to take the guitar apart to do a headstock logo and I'll test the stone block when I re-assemble it...

spalty_test.jpg

spalty_test_2.jpg

spalty_test_4.jpg

spalty_test_3.jpg

Steve

sah5150":n7p20g57 said:
Ok, good news is I had to build the guitar to make sure everything was cool and I just used the 42mm Ti block I had in the Floyd. It is too big, but it is cool to test it. I'll actually be able to hear before and after.

I need to take the guitar apart to do a headstock logo and I'll test the stone block when I re-assemble it...

Steve

I'm free to come by to do some recording right now! Yes... right now. :)

Bob Savage":6apbgrb3 said:
sah5150":6apbgrb3 said:

Steve

I don't have the stone block though...

Steve

cliffc8488":26kpfmj1 said:
Stonetone® Products":26kpfmj1 said:
Here is some general data on the mineral composition of the material we use for all of the rock blocks.

By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz and up to 65% alkali feldspar by volume.
These rocks mainly consist of feldspar, quartz, mica, and amphibole minerals, which form interlocking, somewhat equigranular matrix of feldspar and quartz with scattered darker biotite mica and amphibole (often hornblende).

Copying and pasting information about granite from wikipedia and then spouting a bunch of pseduo-scientific gobledygook doesn't make you an inventor nor a scientist. Everything you've said so far is nonsense. Granite is not the fourth densest material on earth. Not even close. Granite has no significant piezoelectric properties and even if it did that would be useless for purposes of a guitar bridge. Igneous rocks, in general, are not terribly dense and are not terribly good conductors of sound. Medium to high density metals (steel, brass, etc.) are far better conductors of sound. That said we are not even sure what properties make the best bridge. Perhaps the "best" material is one that doesn't conduct the acoustic energy thereby dissipating less. Until you can show measurements that prove a theory you are nothing but a poorly veiled charlatan. Sustain is an easily measurable quantity. Hook a 'scope up to the guitar and pluck the string. Measure the time until the response is some percentage of the initial voltage. Change the bridge and repeat. Verify the results with an independent lab. Then you'll have some credibility.

I studied acoustics for 15 years prior to my current job and have several inventions to my credit in that field. Nothing you say has any scientific basis and everyone here is stupider for having listened to it.
There it is! :thumbsup:

sah5150":3qynp6as said:
Bob Savage":3qynp6as said:
sah5150":3qynp6as said:

Steve

Steve
Bob, Steve is trying to politely let you know that you're not welcome in his home ;)

rupe":22hywpyd said:
sah5150":22hywpyd said:
Bob Savage":22hywpyd said:
sah5150":22hywpyd said:

Steve

Steve
Bob, Steve is trying to politely let you know that you're not welcome in his home ;)
Bob is ALWAYS welcome!

Steve

sah5150":3c4kyc8k said:
charvelstrat81":3c4kyc8k said:
sah5150":3c4kyc8k said:
Bob Savage":3c4kyc8k said:
messenger":3c4kyc8k said:

Correctamundo!

Steve
Steve this "test" guitar, what body wood? does the guitar have a good natural sustain/tone?
Ok, I'm gonna use this guitar... It sounds very loud acoustically, but I haven't hooked up the electronics yet (waiting for a jackplate).

Chambered swamp ash body with spalted flame maple top. Flame maple quartersawn neck with bocote fingerboard. OX4 PAF clone pickups and a solid titanium Floyd/Floyd nut.

http://henningamps.com/images/personal/spalty_test.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_2.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_4.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_3.jpg

Steve

:rock: PERFECT! that is a great guitar for finding out about this stone block :thumbsup:

charvelstrat81":33yowyxq said:
sah5150":33yowyxq said:
charvelstrat81":33yowyxq said:
sah5150":33yowyxq said:
Bob Savage":33yowyxq said:
messenger":33yowyxq said:

Correctamundo!

Steve

http://henningamps.com/images/personal/spalty_test.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_2.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_4.jpg
http://henningamps.com/images/personal/ ... test_3.jpg

Steve

:rock: PERFECT! that is a great guitar for finding out about this stone block :thumbsup:
I just hooked up the electronics in this guitar without having a jackplate and plugged into one of my Bottle Rocket prototypes. Guitar sounds good and now I have a frame of reference for when I put the other block in...

Steve

Shawn Lutz":2nss628u said:
that fretboard is awesome...cool build. Is that a Warmoth body?
Thanks, and yup, Warmoth... you can tell by the massive electronics cavity route. :(

Steve

sah5150":b016g4n1 said:
Shawn Lutz":b016g4n1 said:
Thanks, and yup, Warmoth... you can tell by the massive electronics cavity route. :(

Steve

I heard they do that in case you also want to install an inverse set of humbuckers.

sah5150":2r70e5yw said:
Shawn Lutz":2r70e5yw said:

Steve
Bocote fingerboard, eh?? Didn't Rickenbacker used to use this wood??

I'm still keen on a BYI from Warmoth or that other company I can't remember it's name right now (from the US as well).

Beauty guitar Steve. Gorgeous.
Bob Savage":2r70e5yw said:
I heard they do that in case you also want to install an inverse set of humbuckers.
Dewd.

sah5150":2tqfoz20 said:
Shawn Lutz":2tqfoz20 said:

Steve

lol...yeah that was the give away but the engraving on the neck plate made me question if someone else love big control routes.

Back