For Your Entertainment: Buyer "Knows" He's Right...

"Um no that's false" would've been my last message to the guy. Serious buyers are....serious and IME don't haggle or argue that much either because they already did they research.
Yeah usually I'd have ended it there as well but the entertainment value at play was just too high.

My favorites are the "I really want that guitar you're selling but I only have less than half your asking price, but I really want it, so will you sell it to me please for the amount I offered?"

I usually just don't respond; one of these days I may respond with a counteroffer for double my asking price.

Yeah usually I'd have ended it there as well but the entertainment value at play was just too high.
I get it but people are nuts. It's like road rage. Not worth escalating something if it can be left at nothing. I do a lot of CL so I try to be chll and professional and fortunately I have met all kinds of cool people and bought and sold all kinds of sweet gear through there.

I get it but people are nuts. It's like road rage. Not worth escalating something if it can be left at nothing. I do a lot of CL so I try to be chll and professional and fortunately I have met all kinds of cool people and bought and sold all kinds of sweet gear through there.
You make a good point man and I think the road rage is a good analogy.

Regardless of the truth; This guy COULD actually believe he is right which makes him dangerous. Don’t feed trolls. They occasionally bite. No he won’t find you but some other sucker might get mad enough to want to meet up with him.

Back