Fortin Cali at Winter NAMM

Hopefully it wont descend into an argument over whether one should play jazz or butt rock through it :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice production version of the Cali mod with a clean channel... actually surprised Mike didn't do this a while ago. Curious to see if the new models are full production with wider availability or if they're sticking with the small batches and limited availability.

I'm also curious to see what the Monolith that was teased is as well.

technomancer":t708cm5g said:
Looks like a nice production version of the Cali mod with a clean channel... actually surprised Mike didn't do this a while ago. Curious to see if the new models are full production with wider availability or if they're sticking with the small batches and limited availability.

Pretty sure the Monolith is the 50 watt power amp he built for Ola that’s going into production.

I’ll be meeting with Mike at NAMM and will definitely get vid of the new Cali.

according to the Fortin Facebook group, someone asked if these amps were shipping from the USA or Canada, and Fortin replied they would ship from the USA. i'm not say that means metropoulos, i"m just stating what I saw Fortin's response to the question to be.

JerEvil":vtuu4r4k said:
technomancer":vtuu4r4k said:

Pretty sure the Monolith is the 50 watt power amp he built for Ola that’s going into production.

I’ll be meeting with Mike at NAMM and will definitely get vid of the new Cali.

Cool. I'm also curious to see if there is anything new from the Hiwatt deal. The guy that was acting as Maxwatt for them in the US seems to have shut down and I know somebody that is trying to order a Super Hi is having some trouble getting an accurate quote on what total cost is.

It would be nice to see both them and Mike with the Fortin branded stuff get some wider manufacturing and distribution. Hopefully Fortin going to NAMM this year is a sign that is happening with at least the Fortin stuff.

Looking forward to your videos from NAMM :thumbsup:

Looking forward to these, I’ve been hunting for a Fortin modded 800 for a long time and they are just too rare and expensive. Not been interested in the other extreme metal amps that only seem to sound good down tuned. I hope they are more upfront about it being built in the USA. That whole Fortin Meshuggah shit-show thread here came about when a Canadian buyer fulling expecting it was coming from Fortin in Ontario had it come from Michigan along with a huge unexpected customs bill. I don’t care where it’s built but some transparency was required there that I hope will be rectified. It makes sense to outsource the build in the USA as I assume the bulk of orders would come from there and saves the border shipping hassle for the majority. I’m glad Fortin is going in this direction to make his stuff more available.

I had Mike mod a Marshall JCM800 with the Cali mod and the clean channel. I believe it was the first one he ever built. Loved that amp and I see it pop up here and there. I hope this amp is a slam dunk for him. Here are a couple of vids I recorded back in the day (man, I looked younger :LOL: :LOL: :)

The NAMM Cali does look interesting. I’d have to guess it is catering to all styles of music too. We can’t complain having lots of different amp options. :thumbsup:

Back