Found on Reverb - Intellifex

I was on the hunt for an Intelliverb/Intellifex to go with my TGP-3. Depending on what effects you want out of the unit, the Intellifex has a lot of the same patches (including the octo chorus, which was my primary motivator for getting one for that STP sound), and they typically are a lot cheaper. There are also different versions of the unit which are also usually for sale in the 1-200 range and might fit the bill depending on the needs. Sorry if you already know this but just in case. Good luck either way.

I was on the hunt for an Intelliverb/Intellifex to go with my TGP-3. Depending on what effects you want out of the unit, the Intellifex has a lot of the same patches (including the octo chorus, which was my primary motivator for getting one for that STP sound), and they typically are a lot cheaper. There are also different versions of the unit which are also usually for sale in the 1-200 range and might fit the bill depending on the needs. Sorry if you already know this but just in case. Good luck either way.

Didn't Dean use an old Chorus Ensemble, like the big green one?

boss-ce-1-chorus-ensemble-250353.jpg

Maybe I’ll go that route then. I’m looking primarily for the chorus patch, so if they are the same then I’m golden. Thanks!

Didn't Dean use an old Chorus Ensemble, like the big green one?

boss-ce-1-chorus-ensemble-250353.jpg
Those things are awesome. My understanding is he has used a TGP-3 into a VHT Classic with the Intelliverb/Intellifex basically throughout the career. I could be wrong, I have seen it cited a lot and in this graphic:

https://images.equipboard.com/uploads/source/image/13198/big_army_of_anyone_dean_deleo_2007.jpg
I believe Michael Nielson has done a couple of videos also dissecting that setup and unit with pretty killer results. I definitely could be wrong and he used it early but I think that unit is mostly associated with that swirly/washy chorus effect. Can't go wrong with either--they sound great.

Back