Fred Amp group buy.

I don't know how much these are, but just work through a middle man in the EU. I assume some long time forum member is over there and can coordinate something.

And I thought the OP hated Marshalls?

At first he told me no, like the response I put in the other thread.
I told him that they would probably sell quite a few over here if they figured out a way to get them here.
Then he said he is working with a dealer in LA to make them available.

So, I'll patiently wait n see what happens.

So the JCM 800 pedal appears to be 290 Euro which translates to 372.92 U.S. dollars plus whatever the shipping would be.

Am I right on this?

espquade":64u01ukc said:
So the JCM 800 pedal appears to be 290 Euro which translates to 372.92 U.S. dollars plus whatever the shipping would be.

Am I right on this?

It's kind of ridiculous. $400+ for a pedal. Even in Europe with reasonable shipping I'd be passing on something costing that much. They sound pretty good but I'd rather get an amp.

skoora":ozpw3on5 said:
espquade":ozpw3on5 said:

Am I right on this?

It's kind of ridiculous. $400+ for a pedal. Even in Europe with reasonable shipping I'd be passing on something costing that much. They sound pretty good but I'd rather get an amp.

I agree it does sound really good from the clips, although I remember the Bogner Red pedal sounding killer as well, but when I got it and compared it to my XTC 101b I kinda felt like ...well what did I just buy, although the red pedal was cool it didn't make me want to abandon the real thing.

This 800 might be really cool for some, but I guess for a few hundred more you could get the real thing if you were so inclined

espquade":305d3hng said:
skoora":305d3hng said:
espquade":305d3hng said:

Am I right on this?

I agree it does sound really good from the clips, although I remember the Bogner Red pedal sounding killer as well, but when I got it and compared it to my XTC 101b I kinda felt like ...well what did I just buy, although the red pedal was cool it didn't make me want to abandon the real thing.

This 800 might be really cool for some, but I guess for a few hundred more you could get the real thing if you were so inclined.

a lot of the reason I want the pedal instead of an amp is the preamp pedal can be used with
all your set ups.

That is a good point, although you will miss the Marshall power section running something like this through a Fender Twin or similar type setup, although I'm sure it will still be cool for some and I was almost ready to put my name on this list, but I guess it wouldn't add anything to my current set up .

If some of you guys do pull it off and get this 800 pedal I would love to hear your real world reviews

espquade":2yxfmhvo said:
This 800 might be really cool for some, but I guess for a few hundred more you could get the real thing if you were so inclined

Unless you really need the pedal form factor, if you really wanted a solid state replica of a JCM 800, you could pick up a Marshall MOSFET Lead 100 for ~$200 that will sound like a JCM 800 2203 all day, all night.

Reza, Fred is a friend of mine and we happen to do a little exhibition this week end together in our home town. I never tried the 800 myself, but I worked on the one we called Le Clean (Twin Reverb).

About price, those are unique boutique pieces, with the finish you want. So it's definitely more expensive than an Chinese Marshall (and even more than a used Chinese Marshall obviously). Tonewise, Fred selects high quality components and the building is clean, but as he buys his part in Euro, well, the final price is quite high I agree.

I asked him to go on the preamp market (he was only building overdrives and amps at that time) because I struggled with finding good preamps in pedal format for my very picky customers using Torpedo C.A.B.. ;)

Back