Friday night hermansson recto jams

Bram576

Busted this thing out… as I try to focus on one amp a week; so I don’t turn into a dog chasing cars. Amp is a lot of fun and probably the most unique I own… But I’m eager for the Ground zero I ordered to show up. Might be more my speed since it retains more of that recto flavor. And I’m a recto guy through and through. Overall I’m fifty fifty on it.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to a comparison and your thoughts on the Ground Zero Recto...At first I was very impressed with the Hermansson mod Rectos...Now I'm a bit on the fence. Something a bit too "hollow" and "clinical" going on in certain clips. Whereas the Ground Zero Rectos I'm hearing seem to just sound how a Recto should sound right out of the box.

I will say, the hermanssons are very tight and a bit spitty. I know I play death metal, and thrash riffs; so I’m sure my playing brings that out even more. They almost make me think of like a gate is wired in on them cutting right at the tails of stuff, but there’s still noise and feedback. They’re interesting for sure and very unique. The recto DNA is still kind of there but for the most part it’s a different amp. I think the ground zero mod is, like you’re saying, just how a recto should be out of the box.

Back