Friedman Brown Eye incoming

Delron22

Hi,

Just joined. Just about to order a BE100 from a firm in Germany (I live in UK). We dont seem to have any dealers here.

Currently own a Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary that I love (I'll keep it), but having watched the demos on youtube this sounds like the amp for me - especally Phil X - I'm going to see him at some dive bar here in the UK on 19th Feb - I'll tell him that his demo got me to buy this amp!

Was going to call tone merchants up and order one direct but these guys have one due to arrive from the US on 28th - so fitted pretty well.

I know I'm gonna love this amp - any thoughts?

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
I have BF #144 and it is as good as it gets for that modded Marshall sound. You will be very happy with the amp!

I am from the UK and is also waiting on my Friedman BE with the Ch-Switch mod to done by Dave which i bought through Brad King....

But.... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: waiting is a long bitch man!!!

Those guys are swamped big time. Mine has been there since May of 2012 getting a BE mod.

When it comes back though, I won't need a reason to buy another amp ever. Dave is working some serious magic on mine.

Aristocat":3hn03htf said:
Those guys are swamped big time. Mine has been there since May of 2012 getting a BE mod.

When it comes back though, I won't need a reason to buy another amp ever. Dave is working some serious magic on mine.

Wow since May - It must be driving you crazy!

It drives me nuts every now and again and I forget that I even have an amp sometimes.

On the other hand, It's going to be an absolute killer on an awesome platform (71' Super Lead without any previous mods aside from a 1/2 power switch in one of the four speaker jacks).

I know they're wicked busy, but I'm getting a wonderful service. I'm just a kid who's getting the same level of treatment to my gear that someone like EVH would get.

And in addition to that, Dave has been extremely friendly and professional through e-mail or when I've called the shop to add on little mods or ask about the status of my amp.

I couldn't be happier with my amp being worked on and Dave being so quick to get back to me.

Aristocat":1nlzmrk6 said:

That's way too long. :thumbsdown:

Delron22 said:
Was going to call tone merchants up and order one direct but these guys have one due to arrive from the US on 28th - so fitted pretty well.

Realy ? I don't think what's on order will be there by the 28th. In fact I know it won't be there not with namm and all.

RACKSYSTEMS":c772aukw said:
Delron22":c772aukw said:

Realy ? I don't think what's on order will be there by the 28th. In fact I know it won't be there not with namm and all.

OK thats worrying. I was about to buy this tomorrow, The Firm in Germany state the 28th as the expected delivery date on the website

I just want to get one as quickly as possible - What do you suggest?

Thanks

Del

I was gonna buy from the German dealer (Muzik-Productiv) but for the price (mark up) it was better for me to go through Brad King At King guitars and get the Ch-foot switch mod by Dave, get it shipped over to Uk and pay customs as it worked out around the same price had i had bought through the German with no ch-switch mod.

The only downside for me is limited funds means that i dont have a killer amp in the mean time whilst i wait...
But i know when it does get here its hardly ever gonna be turned off :rock:

LP Freak":3d987vwj said:
Aristocat":3d987vwj said:

Maybe so; but Dave put a lot into my amp and added last minute mods upon my request (VH/Depth/Power Tube Swap to name a few). Also my amp is going to be rocking and to be honest, I figured it may stretch out for a little while given that (best to my knowledge) Dave is the only guy over at TM that touches the amps and (again, best to my knowledge) it's Dave and Mark that both do the racks and pedalboards.

The longer it takes; the better it'll sound! I'm just tired of playing through a $50 Ibanez amp. :LOL: :LOL:

But at least I'm rocking through something!

Aristocat":2isimjlu said:
LP Freak":2isimjlu said:
Aristocat":2isimjlu said:

Maybe so; but Dave put a lot into my amp and added last minute mods upon my request (VH/Depth/Power Tube Swap to name a few). Also my amp is going to be rocking and to be honest, I figured it may stretch out for a little while given that (best to my knowledge) Dave is the only guy over at TM that touches the amps and (again, best to my knowledge) it's Dave and Mark that both do the racks and pedalboards.

The longer it takes; the better it'll sound! I'm just tired of playing through a $50 Ibanez amp. :LOL: :LOL:

I get what you're saying but that's still too long. Time to hire some more help.

LP Freak":i45py6m4 said:
Aristocat":i45py6m4 said:
LP Freak":i45py6m4 said:
Aristocat":i45py6m4 said:

I get what you're saying but that's still too long. Time to hire some more help.

But that's the nature of the beast. I knew what I was getting myself into and I know Dave will have it done as soon as he humanly can.

I'm also glad that it's Dave behind my amp and not someone else contracted out with a schematic sheet in hand. So I'm glad additional help has not been hired on. He's also been wicked nice via e-mail/phone and has been a total professional during this whole process.

These things take time. Has it sucked to wait; of course it has, but at the same time I know that it'll be here soon.

Aristocat":1i5mld9f said:
LP Freak":1i5mld9f said:
LP Freak":1i5mld9f said:

But that's the nature of the beast. I knew what I was getting myself into and I know Dave will have it done as soon as he humanly can.

I'm also glad that it's Dave behind my amp and not someone else contracted out with a schematic sheet in hand. So I'm glad additional help has not been hired on. He's also been wicked nice via e-mail/phone and has been a total professional during this whole process.

These things take time. Has it sucked to wait; of course it has, but at the same time I know that it'll be here soon.

This!

He took his time to show me the new features of my JMP and swapping the 110v to EU 220V on the fly, when I picked mine up at TM. Really cool. Also got to see the new little 20watt BE :)

brickford":t3mhdch7 said:
I was gonna buy from the German dealer (Muzik-Productiv) but for the price (mark up) it was better for me to go through Brad King At King guitars and get the Ch-foot switch mod by Dave, get it shipped over to Uk and pay customs as it worked out around the same price had i had bought through the German with no ch-switch mod.

The only downside for me is limited funds means that i dont have a killer amp in the mean time whilst i wait...

The markup buys you 30 day return as well as 3 years warranty, I bought there and was/am very happy.

hunter":29bilutf said:
brickford":29bilutf said:

The markup buys you 30 day return as well as 3 years warranty, I bought there and was/am very happy.
Friedmans come with a lifetime warranty from the factory.

LP Freak":3rqzciqb said:
hunter":3rqzciqb said:
brickford":3rqzciqb said:

Friedmans come with a lifetime warranty from the factory.

Well that's great. Only means 400$ shipping each time you have an issue then :doh:

Back