Friedman Butterslax w/ SD-1

lessarti

Ok, took this beast for a spin and boy does she spit fire when boosted. I find unboosted is refined, typical with Friedman voicings. But I like it a bit more edgy and raw sounding so boosted it and it just hit right once i tweaked the dials on the amp to support the presence from the BOSS SD-1.

Good stuff. Were you channeling your inner Mastodon? The open chords were narly but the soloing was crystal clean so I'd say you did a great job of demonstrating what this amp is capable of. I've never played a Butterslax but I always chaulked it to a sludge machine.

Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Good stuff. Were you channeling your inner Mastodon? The open chords were narly but the soloing was crystal clean so I'd say you did a great job of demonstrating what this amp is capable of. I've never played a Butterslax but I always chaulked it to a sludge machine.

Thanks for sharing :cheers:
Appreciate that you checked it out, thanks for the kind words too on playing, I do what I like I guess? lol

Honestly I don't really listen to Mastodon, but I am largely influenced by bands like Megadeth/Metallica/Soilwork/Inflames. Lead playing probably Marty Friedman/ Paul Gilbert/ and a whole bunch of others.

This amp is really grainy and refined, so i was tweaking away and was "so close, or this close" to getting the sound I wanted. So I thought about the results the SD-1 usually puts out, which is great to say the least, and tried it with this amp. WELL, Channel 1 is my fav with the SD-1 it is just crazy good and ch 2 seems more evenly mid freqencies and spectrum of sound.

Craziness, I don't even need the on amp boost for ch2, or really as it is named " ch3", because it is more presence searing sounding if you turn on the boost / channel 3 mode that if I keep the SD-1 on it is over the top.

Back