Friedman JJ Jr revisited for 80's tones

cragginshrd

I had dismissed this amp due to it being too upper mid heavy but with a little help from my trusty Boss SD-1 it has some modern 80's vibe going on!

I saw AIC live in 2014 and Jerry was using his JJ amps and it was the best sounding Marshall tones I've heard live, it was one of the best sounding shows I have heard and everyone with me agreed.

Your JJ Jr sounds really good in your clip. I think I like it more than your SLO30 clips.

It did sound better when you turned the gain down on the SD-1 and amp. :2thumbsup:

I saw AIC live in 2014 and Jerry was using his JJ amps and it was the best sounding Marshall tones I've heard live, it was one of the best sounding shows I have heard and everyone with me agreed.

Your JJ Jr sounds really good in your clip. I think I like it more than your SLO30 clips.

It did sound better when you turned the gain down on the SD-1 and amp. :2thumbsup:
Man I kinda agree, there is an instant gratification going on! In the room I always tend to bump the gain, but the vid capture the sizzle that needs to come down a bit

Big bummer is there is not a dedicated chanel for solos. There is an JBE mode but it's not footswitch able for solos
Tried an EQ boost but it was meh, I need to hear it in a mix

Man I kinda agree, there is an instant gratification going on! In the room I always tend to bump the gain, but the vid capture the sizzle that needs to come down a bit

Big bummer is there is not a dedicated chanel for solos. There is an JBE mode but it's not footswitch able for solos
Tried an EQ boost but it was meh, I need to hear it in a mix
JJ is one of my fav amps. Jr is cool, too.
Would need a separate volume knob to remedy the volume cut when the JBE is engaged. Plus, I think it's voicing wouldn't cut as well for soloing.
Did you try the eq in the effects loop? That or something like a Timmy, that can dial in a hair of gain with however slight of a mid boost you desire could do the trick.

"modern 80's vibe"

doesnotcompute.jpg

JJ is one of my fav amps. Jr is cool, too.
Would need a separate volume knob to remedy the volume cut when the JBE is engaged. Plus, I think it's voicing wouldn't cut as well for soloing.
Did you try the eq in the effects loop? That or something like a Timmy, that can dial in a hair of gain with however slight of a mid boost you desire could do the trick.
Don't like or plan to use the JBE plus it's not foot switchable
I just picked up a J Rocket Rockaway will do a vid for solo boost over the weekend.

Back