Friedman Phil X vs Roccaforte C80 ToneNerd Mod

The X is a lot more appealing than the BE, but I still like the Rocca more.

It has a wider, more open midrange
The X is maxed out here, Rocca has more krank in the tank.

The X is a rowdy rock n roll amp. Lil grease to it. The Rocca is more 80s hair metal, tighter, compressed, saturated. Both can be dialed back to a good crunch tone that can be pushed with pedals. Rocca has more bite on the attack, and is a bit more versatile.

This is at lower volumes. Cranked up might tell a different story. For another day.

I dig em both, a lot. They're similar enough that I feel like I should only keep one.

Both sound good to me. I would keep the Rocca though. He modded a Mig60 that I gigged with back in the day and it was a great amp.

Both sound good to me. I would keep the Rocca though. He modded a Mig60 that I gigged with back in the day and it was a great amp.
I'll keep the Rocca for sure, unless Scott decides to take it to Japan.
I really don't wanna sell the X, either.

I have a 4104, SLO, Rocca and X. They all sound similar, but just different enough. I like em all.
I don't even jam with friends anymore. Why do I have all these amps?
Why shouldn't I have all these amps?
Anyone else ever feel this way?

I have a 4104, SLO, Rocca and X. They all sound similar, but just different enough. I like em all.
Definitely. I recently traded a nice 72 cab for an equally nice 72 50w. I already have a 72 100w. Why?
Why not? 😬😬

Enjoy life and tone while we’re still here.

I am the opposite lol

I do multiple bands, cover bands, open mic jam nights, and a whole bunch of other stuff

But I don't begrudge you having nice amps, that's ridiculous 😂

The more people who want nice amps, the more available and affordable nice amps become - supply and demand

Back