FS: Mesa Boogie Mark III, Green Stripe

Meeotch

$2,150 shipped/paypaled CONUS

Very clean Mark III Green Stripe in an aftermarket Raw Cabs headshell. Full service including R2 volume mod by Mike B at Mesa (paperwork included). The original owner pulled this from a combo and swapped in a MOD reverb tank which has unfortunately stopped working. Everything else works perfectly on this incredible head. Stunning cleans and the gain channel is an absolute firebreather! These Green Stripes are special due to the pentode wiring on the outer two power tubes vs triode. This really gives the amp a ton of authority and punch.

Preamp tubes are a mix of Mesa, JJ, and Sovtek and the power tubes are 4 x Mesa 6L6 STR 440's. 3 red and 1 yellow (tech noted they all fall within matched spec). Running 6L6's in the outer sockets is fine as long as they pull 23mA or less of plate current (Mesa color code red). I'm also including a Kool Kat 4-button foot switch - great aftermarket option for switching all 3 channels but the EQ switch doesn't seem to engage properly. All switching on the head works perfectly, and I also tested switching using the relays on my FX8 which works perfectly as well. Thanks for looking and please let me know if you have any questions!

Back