FU-Tone EVH Frankenstein Plus Pickup - Liquid Charlie Demo

Man I really like Liquid Charlie and have been a fan for years . . . but this is not one of his finest demos.

Sounds like the input to the board is constantly clipping and captures mostly high end harshness. Listened to this through laptop speakers, BT earbuds, and Sennheiser 280s. All the same opinion.

Dare I say it, but Sweetwater demos sound better.

Kinda does.. Funny how the EVH 5150 III is NOT the right amp to bang out realistic EVH tones..
Well, that pickup and amp combo worked ok for this guy...

Yes, the FU-Tone video sucked... like all of his vids.

Based on his settings and the videos that I have seen, the Blue channel was used for the older VH material. It's not going to be "classic" Eddie brown sound, but it is a great tone.

jibVeTeNATnwXSHKbcQ2vD-650-80.jpg

There are his setting for the 2015 tour. Top head is the main one. Resonance was set at 1:00 for Channels 1 & 3. Channel 2 is full up. I have run these setting at the house. They sound killer. However, good luck finding a club that will let you run one of these at 10:00 on the volume knob...lol!

Last edited:
Watch any other Fu-tone video on there, every one I’ve come across sounds awful. Operator error (and not on the part of the Liquid Charlie dude).

Back