fuck vizio....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
75" tv died. About 14-16 months old. WTF? Vizio is like sorry but your fucked. 1 year warranty. Lesson learned. Anybody know anything about tv's? Black screen-no sound. It has power. On startup sometimes you can barely see vizio...then it disappears completely. Tried all the troubleshooting steps....nothing. Any suggestions?

Reactions: rsm
We don’t really watch much tv but we do have 3 of them. The rooms seemed to need them and we do stream some shit sometimes. We bought two 54” TVs from Walmart for like 200 and something each. Then I bought another one off a dude I work with whose delinquent ass grandkids stole a bunch of them from Walmart. Think I paid $80 for it.

I have a 65" Vizio and never had a problem. Going on 4 years now maybe. Unplug everything? Reboot?
yup-done everything. wish I knew what to look for. I would pull it apart and start checking shit. pretty new and it's 75"...been fine and then it just went black. power board? backlighting? fuck.

yup-done everything. wish I knew what to look for. I would pull it apart and start checking shit. pretty new and it's 75"...been fine and then it just went black. power board? backlighting? fuck.
I figured.

Seems it wouldn't be the power supply if it still powers up right? I doubt it would help but you could try the Vizio app. :LOL: I just downloaded it the other day but again doubtful.

In the simple things below I'd try a different outlet for shits and grins and not sure I would have thought of holding the power button for 5 seconds and leaving it in that state (whatever that is) for 30 min :dunno:
  • Check the power source
    Make sure the power cable is securely connected to both the TV and the outlet. You can also try plugging the TV into a different outlet.
  • Unplug the TV
    Unplug the TV, remove the back, and check that everything is connected properly.
  • Press and hold the power button
    Press and hold the power button at the back of your TV for 3-5 seconds, then leave it in that state for 30 minutes.
  • Replace the power board
    A replacement power board costs around $80.

My little kitchen Vizio a few times a day turns it self back on after i click it off.
What more can i expect for $149.

Thats like buying a $149 ephipone and expect it to be in perfect intonation and stay in tune

I just Google shit when it breaks and most of the time someone, somewhere has the same issue and also an answer on how to fix. YMMV

Reactions: rsm
Buy cheap buy twice.

I'd recommend a 2nd-hand Sony. In my experience they're more-reliable than most by a country mile.

Went down the Dumbsung rabbit hole on my brother's recommendation 8 years ago. Never again. TV slowly died (irreparable) and BR player died after never having been used.

There's a reason (many actually) why Apple and Sony are my favourite tech companies. Shit just works.

I think a power board is like $39, but I just hate the thought of buying and throwing parts at it not knowing what the problem is. No way to know till I open it up.
That sucks man. I've had a few Vizios and never had an issue. I have only Samsung and Sony ones now, just cause I prefer the picture quality of the Samsungs in 4k.

Gotta love the internet. First hit that comes up is for your average idiot with ZERO troubleshooting skills.

Check the circuit breaker: If your TV is plugged into a power strip, check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped. You can reset the circuit breaker by turning it off and then back on. Unplug the TV: If none of the above steps work, try unplugging the TV for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

Sometimes a simple reset will fix it but alas…. Not this time. I might work on it today. I have a NGD I need to work on. Strings and a set up….

Buy cheap buy twice.

I'd recommend a 2nd-hand Sony. In my experience they're more-reliable than most by a country mile.

Went down the Dumbsung rabbit hole on my brother's recommendation 8 years ago. Never again. TV slowly died (irreparable) and BR player died after never having been used.

There's a reason (many actually) why Apple and Sony are my favourite tech companies. Shit just works.
I’m a Sony fan. I had one given to me that has some glitches, one being it occasionally loses the channels and has to be re-scanned. But nothing insufferable for a free big screen.
Sorry Jack, I’m no help…when my TVs fail I just toss them, I’m no repair man.

I've had a Sony for years, doesn't get much use, especially with an Engl halfstack in front of it.

I use a Viotek computer gaming screen I got on Amazon for everything, haven't had cable, satellite or any entertainment subscriptions in well over 10+ years. Recently got a gaming monitor from amazon for my kid, brand is another unknown, Koorui, 34" curved.

The larger the screen the more chances for something going wrong IME.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Sony rules. Their stuff is built to last.

We don’t really watch much tv but we do have 3 of them. The rooms seemed to need them and we do stream some shit sometimes. We bought two 54” TVs from Walmart for like 200 and something each. Then I bought another one off a dude I work with whose delinquent ass grandkids stole a bunch of them from Walmart. Think I paid $80 for it.
i hope he gave his grandkids a cut of the $$

Back