Get the Diezel Paul or wait for the VH mini

I want to get an amp with more flexibility than my current Rockerverb and was looking at the Paul. I know the VH mini is coming out in the near future so I am wondering if waiting for the VH mini is warranted?

Does anyone know if the VH Mini will be out soon? Overall the Paul seems to have enough features and gain but the VH mini would be sweet.

VH Mini is still on production hold due to IR loader components (codec and DSP especially) supply uncertainty, things are getting better anyway but as we depend on others we can't really give any certain date!
I'd be happy with a preamp version of the VHX--basically everything minus the power amp section, since that's not used for the record out anyway, and it's just too big and heavy for my current situation. Unfortunately will be at least another year before I can accommodate a 100 watt amp again.

VH Mini is still on production hold due to IR loader components (codec and DSP especially) supply uncertainty, things are getting better anyway but as we depend on others we can't really give any certain date!
been 6 months since this reply. not looking for announcements, but do you have any progress that is ok to share with us yet? anxious to learn more!

I recall seeing Peter post in the Diezel FB group that they had VHX25's basically boxed up and ready to ship. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard or seen anything since.

been 6 months since this reply. not looking for announcements, but do you have any progress that is ok to share with us yet? anxious to learn more!
Things are moving, but as we're still back ordered customers that already purchased has priority over new product release, ICs then tubes are not making things easier for us to speed up.

Things are moving, but as we're still back ordered customers that already purchased has priority over new product release, ICs then tubes are not making things easier for us to speed up.
Hi sir - have their been any further annoucements on this product that i may have missed?

Does that mean these are real? I thought they were unicorns or a one-time limited series… if they in fact will be released, then I will hold off from getting a VH2 just now…
IMG_3447.jpeg
IMG_3446.jpeg

Same here. I’ve been tempted to just get a VH2 new from the store and be happy. But a 100W, and especially the size and weight are what keep me from doing it. A VH Mini in the same size as Paul would be perfect. Don’t know what power section in terms of tubes and output they’ll have. Are they coming with 20W or will they be like their other 45W amps with two KT77/EL34?

Last edited:
I was originally waiting for the mini, but ultimately went with the VH2. The amp has excellent Channel/Master controls, capable of “restroom volume”. If you can deal with the size and weight, don’t let the 100W rating scare you off!

I can live with the 100W or 50W, but size and weight is sort of a limitation. I would surely appreciate if Diezel gave an estimated release date. Like will it be this year or do we have to wait until end of 2024. :-/

I can live with the 100W or 50W, but size and weight is sort of a limitation. I would surely appreciate if Diezel gave an estimated release date. Like will it be this year or do we have to wait until end of 2024. :-/
I doubt you’re going to get a date with all the component shortages.

God damit, this is ex what I want…
For real ..

My Personal Specs would look something like ..

1. Same small box format and control layout.
2. Depth and Presence control.
3. 50 watts, selectable to 25.
4. Standard A/B channel switching. Basic On/Off footswitch.
5. No midi or reverb controls.
6. Series and Parallel loop.
7. 2 8 ohm jacks and one 16 ohm jack.
8. Keep master for each channel.
9. No cab sim, headphones jack, and 4 ohm speaker jacks. This would make room for other the extra loop.

This would be a slamming seller.

For real ..

My Personal Specs would look something like ..

1. Same small box format and control layout.
2. Depth and Presence control.
3. 50 watts, selectable to 25.
4. Standard A/B channel switching. Basic On/Off footswitch.
5. No midi or reverb controls.
6. Series and Parallel loop.
7. 2 8 ohm jacks and one 16 ohm jack.
8. Keep master for each channel.
9. No cab sim, headphones jack, and 4 ohm speaker jacks. This would make room for other the extra loop.

This would be a slamming seller.
I certainly wouldn’t mind cab sim, but it’s not a deal breaker.

Biggest thing for me with a Diezel is the size, power, and feature set. I don’t need a 30” wide, 70 pound midi behemoth, as it’s never leaving my house.

2 loops I’d pay extra for! Totally agree!

Back