Gibson 70's tribute pickups question

Jnewt90

Hey guys & gals,

Quick Q for you.

Does anyone know what pickups the Gibson 70's tributes are supposed to be modelled after? I can't find much info on them other than Gibson themselves saying "These are modelled on the high output pickups we started creating in the 70's" now maybe I'm wrong but I thought the only pickups Gibson were producing in the 70's were low output T Tops and towards the end the Dirty Fingers (which they sell separately anyway) I figured perhaps it was their take on a JB due to the alnico V magnet and the fact that these were created in the 70's as one of a few hotter aftermarket pickups at the time?

I just purchased a Gibson 70's Flying V which comes with these as stock so was curious..

Josh

They are real close to the JB. Neck is also hot as hell and hard to balance. The Gibson/Kramer “Eruption” sounds exactly the same as the 70’s bridge.

I yanked them out of my V pretty quick. Not bad by any means, but not what I was going for on that guitar.

Yeah, to be honest I have a set of Brandonwound T Top replicas that sound amazing (to me anyway) that I'll likely pop in once received, kinda prefer the low output pickup/high gain amp type deal at the moment. Was never really much of a fan of the JB in general, I'll try them first though as you never know...

Back