Gibson Falcon 20 Amp

GearGasms

Doctor Love
We've all seen the pro reviews of these gorgeous Falcon amplifiers from Gibson. But haven't you wondered what they would sound like in the hands of a far less talented player? Well wonder no more because I got you!! Want to know what they really sound like? There's no better way to do that than to listen to a talentless hack take a swing at one.
Thanks to Earle Teat Music in Delmar DE for letting me hang out with this Gibson Falcon 20 amp for a couple of days. I'm truly not worthy.
Celebrate Mediocrity and have a good weekend!
alan

I have listened to these in multiple demos. I don't dig the amp's tone/character. Reminds me of something that sits between a Fender Tweed and Vox, but not in a good way. Great demo though!

I have listened to these in multiple demos. I don't dig the amp's tone/character. Reminds me of something that sits between a Fender Tweed and Vox, but not in a good way. Great demo though!
That's funny - I was getting the Vox thing around up to about 8 on the volume. Glad I'm not the only one that hears it that way!

Gibson isn’t known for amps. But Nick (techdeath) said one of his best clean amps he ever owned was an old Gibson I believe. I have mucho respect for him and his ears so I believe him. Maybe he will chime in here later. Me personally…thanks for the demo Alan but not for me…

The old gibson amps were fantastic, and a great bang for the buck option.

When theyre this expensive, it kind of ruins the equation.
Hearing a guy jam on an old 60s tweed Falcon floored me one day at GC. Such a rocking sound. I was ready to buy it, but he took it home. Some of the next version in black tolex with silver chassis sound just as good, and some of them are just clean machines. Don't see them anymore, except at guitar shows, and then they're way too expensive to even check out.

Back