Gibson Les Paul G0, any good?

rocker

Have the chance to buy one, but can't try it because it's to far away. Anybody here tried these.
Tell me all about them please. Thanks.

Great guitar-I've owned one for over 2 years. Basically, it's a R0 with a plain top, that's made especially for Guitar Center by the Gibson Custom Shop. Miy guitar, which is a 2006 model, has a VOS type finish-I'm not sure if the newer ones have that type of finish as well. If a fancy top is not a priority and you like the thinner 60's neck profile, it's a no-brainer (as far as buying one) to me.

I absolutely love mine,it's stamped R0 inside but as the post above states it's a GC thing.I was looking for new LPs for quite awhile and this was one of the last ones I played and it killed quite a bit of the way more expensive models and I wasn't looking at the prices either.Absolutely love it!!!!!

pluto":1m8ilnis said:
Great guitar-I've owned one for over 2 years. Basically, it's a R0 with a plain top, that's made especially for Guitar Center by the Gibson Custom Shop. Miy guitar, which is a 2006 model, has a VOS type finish-I'm not sure if the newer ones have that type of finish as well. If a fancy top is not a priority and you like the thinner 60's neck profile, it's a no-brainer (as far as buying one) to me.

This! :thumbsup: Probably one of the best Les Paul's you can get at a very reasonable price. I kind of regret selling mine now, it played flawlessly and sounded huge :rock: If you don't need the flashy tops and just want pure tone this is it. You can find a used for about $1900-$2100, or even less in today's economy.

[No message]

Attachments

• 61_-1163664534.jpg
    61_-1163664534.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,757
  • 61_-991303516.jpg
    61_-991303516.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,759
No problem! As cyndicate said, they go used for about 1900-2100. I've seen some go for far less on the gearpage due to the economy. I believe someone unloaded his for 1500 last week or the week before! Needless to say, it was scooped up right away.

pluto":okgdipst said:
No problem! As cyndicate said, they go used for about 1900-2100. I've seen some go for far less on the gearpage due to the economy. I believe someone unloaded his for 1500 last week or the week before! Needless to say, it was scooped up right away.
:aww: Boy that is sad for the seller but great for the buyer.

They are great. When I found mine I played all the other VOS in the store (including all the pretty topped VOS series) and this guitar was lighter than the pack (even though it is not weigh relieved) and was the best sounding and playing of the entire bunch. I've played a few others since and they were all excellent.

As mentioned elsewhere, they are VOS plaintops. However, one other difference is that they don't have the "bumblebee caps" so I would suggest replacing the guys with a vintage correct upgrade kit from RS Guitarworks. It sounded good before, but after the kit :rock: - and I still have the stock Burstbuker 1 and 2 in the guitar (love the Burstbucker 2 in the bridge).

Yes, what the above guys said........absolutely love mine.

Pete, tell us about the RS kit? I was thinking maybe the Dr. Vintage kit or RS for mine as well.

;) You know, tone does not pass through the caps, no matter what the construction of the cap is...the cap just shunts to ground. It's the value of the cap, not the material used in it's construction that affects tone.

FYI, when ceramic capacitors first came out, they were the most expensive on the market!

I'm not so big on the caps, but the pots. When I had an RS kit on my old Standard, the taper was just better/more usable.

thunda":38hvjo8t said:
;) You know, tone does not pass through the caps, no matter what the construction of the cap is...the cap just shunts to ground. It's the value of the cap, not the material used in it's construction that affects tone.

FYI, when ceramic capacitors first came out, they were the most expensive on the market!

caps pass AC the same way as a short, the frequency cuttoff -3dB cutoff point this happens depends on the value of the capacitor.

no matter what you say, the way the capacitor does this will make a difference in tone. every so slightly, it will make a difference. to be even more truthful a capacitor to ground is part of a simple RC low pass filter. - the same thing is used in amplifiers.

values, as well as brands, are equally important. but everything, wires, cap brands/values, pots used, etc are the "tone" you hear.

Back