Gibson Les Paul historic 58/59/60 and other flame top discussions and pictures. Post up

Tone Junkie

So I got a Traditional 2018 in a trade. Have had many Norlin era Les Pauls back in the day. Hadn’t played a Lester in years.

So I started to Wander down the rabbit hole of various years and reissue models of the above listed Paul’s.

Looking for your experience with various models. What you did or didn’t care for. Post up pics if you’ve got them.

Kind of info gathering to try to decide if it’s worth purchasing one or just sticking with a ‘regular’ Lester.

I love my les paul histories, the only things I dont care for (besides the price tag) is on the 58's the plain top and small fretts. Cant stand them. The 54, 56, 57, and 59 are perfect for me. I dont care for the slim taper neck of the 60 either. my 2 cents.

My R9 on the left and R0 on the right. Love them both

FF7A5342-A536-46EE-9419-08E12C04ECAA.jpeg

Are the side markers are they like the originals. On the originals they look black but they are actually tortoise. Nice

A pic I have on my computer. Don’t recall where I found it.

Attachments

• 7098264D-6965-4F3F-BE17-8CA073A74B47.jpeg
    7098264D-6965-4F3F-BE17-8CA073A74B47.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 33
So I got a Traditional 2018 in a trade. Have had many Norlin era Les Pauls back in the day. Hadn’t played a Lester in years.

So I started to Wander down the rabbit hole of various years and reissue models of the above listed Paul’s.

Looking for your experience with various models. What you did or didn’t care for. Post up pics if you’ve got them.

Kind of info gathering to try to decide if it’s worth purchasing one or just sticking with a ‘regular’ Lester.
So, as I said I have a G0, which (if you don’t know) is a Guitar Center edition R0, but with a plain top. Most of these have a lot of binding bleed, but if you like the smaller neck of the 60 and don’t mind the plain top/binding bleed they’re GREAT guitars. Mine’s a Lemonburst. It’s everything I’d want in a vintage style Lester. I have 3 Norlin Customs, a Standard, and a DeLuxe, and those are all great guitars too. I have one 2000s Classic (trans amber AAAAA top) and a 2012 ish Traditional Pro with the 50s neck, those are both great guitars too. I love ‘em all for different reasons/things. I don’t think you can go wrong with ANY Les Paul.

So, as I said I have a G0, which (if you don’t know) is a Guitar Center edition R0, but with a plain top. Most of these have a lot of binding bleed, but if you like the smaller neck of the 60 and don’t mind the plain top/binding bleed they’re GREAT guitars. Mine’s a Lemonburst. It’s everything I’d want in a vintage style Lester. I have 3 Norlin Customs, a Standard, and a DeLuxe, and those are all great guitars too. I have one 2000s Classic (trans amber AAAAA top) and a 2012 ish Traditional Pro with the 50s neck, those are both great guitars too. I love ‘em all for different reasons/things. I don’t think you can go wrong with ANY Les Paul.

Post up bro. 🤘

Back