Gig cab with Redback and Creambacks?

Thanks. Not that worried about micing, but good point.
With the Redback/H75 were you able to just mic an H75?
When we did gig, they didn't mic the cab, they just let the cab be used basically for stage volume and to fill the room. They don't always mic the cabs here. It's hit or miss.

What made you go four H75s?

I had Redback/H75 in a 212 but preferred two Reds. But that was a 212.
I haven’t giged with it but use it more for mostly studio work.
Reason why I went with 4 H75’s is because of consistency, and they do cut through more, which is what I generally prefer.
Funny enough the 2 H75’s I put in there sound a little different from the ones I initially had installed.
I bought them maybe 3 months apart from each other.
Newer ones don’t have that emphasized sizzle, rather smoother sounding. All 4 are UK made.

I have 2 other 4x12’s so I swapped one of them (orange PPC412) with 2 UK made Mesa V30’s and 2 Redbacks (x pattern)
That Orange cab for some reason has a lot of punch and preferred the v30/Rb combo in there.

I love the Redbacks though and wouldn’t hesitate to throw quad in another 412 if I had one.

Last edited:
CEG85, thanks for the detailed info.

I was gonna do four Redbacks in my Bogner but I ended up doing another Redback/UK V30 blend.
I just love this mix.

CEG85, thanks for the detailed info.

I was gonna do four Redbacks in my Bogner but I ended up doing another Redback/UK V30 blend.
I just love this mix.
Absolutely, they blend very well with each other.
You get the cut from the v30’s and the beef from the Redbacks. Great combination.

It's funny because I have friends who have ever used V30s, mostly T75s in Marshall cans for gigs and sound amazing live.
Yet, when we do speaker tests at gone, V30s mixed in some way, always seem to work best. I don't like all V30s, although I have done that successfully. I just prefer ablnd of something like a Redback or CL80. Mesa did the 90/30 blend for years successfully.

I've got to find a Redback somewhere to try. Haven't played one yet so my thoughts on this are likely of limited value. But ... I am absolutely hooked on the V30 / M65 Creamback pairing. To my ear, the M65 Cream is more open in the midrange with smoother highs which really compliment the more sizzly character of the V30. I have bounced back and forth with the 56 and 75 Creams and to my ear, the H75 Cream brings more to the table that the V30 already provides. I hear the perfect blend of old-school Greenie from the Cream mixed with the 80s sizzle of the V30 and just love it.

I like the M65 but for my tastes, the Redback is better - for me personally.
Redback and Creamback H-75 work well but to me Redback/UK V30 is perfect. On its own I find the V30 punchier and cbunkier than the H75.
Like them all.
I already have RB/V30, which is why I was so close to doing RB/H75 in my other 412.
I also notice most of my go to amp companies build their cabs with V30s. I just prefer a blend of V30s with another style speaker. To me the Redback is similar to the CL80 except fatter and chewie, warmer. It's fatter and beefier than the H75. So to me blending in a CL80 or H75s was too similar. RB/V30 offers more contrast and complexity.

So honestly guys would it be silly for me to have two cabs with Redback/V30? One is a larger Bogner tilt front cab and the other is a slightly smaller Splawn straight front. It's basically a variation of the classic Greenback/V30.
It's my favorite blend over all others. My Creamback, CL80s and K100s get little use now since using mostly Redbacks and some V30s.

So guys, I've been running both of my 412 cabs with Redbacks/V30s. One is a Splawn straight and one is a Bogner tilted baffle 412 that is a bit larger than my Splawn.

I love that speaker combination but would you all consider it too redundant having same speakers in two 412 cabs.

I can't come up with another combination like as much. Only other thing I thought was four Redbacks on one cab.
The older Mesa V30s add a harmonic complexity, depth and growl.

Too bright for my ears but if like to see how they blend with the Redbacks.

Redback/V30 is phenomenal but I may have to do one RB/H75.

Thanks.
Yup, I like everything too bright lol. Never liked my V30 cab that much until I broke it up and put V30s on the bottom with G12H annys on top. Now those are too bright too haha. Red backs just not enough cut for my taste

Yup, I like everything too bright lol. Never liked my V30 cab that much until I broke it up and put V30s on the bottom with G12H annys on top. Now those are too bright too haha. Red backs just not enough cut for my taste
Sorry, I wasn't implying you like overly bright tones. We are using different amps and have different tastes and how we dial in our gear impacts this.
That said, I'm looking to give the H75s another go. It's been a while since I've used them. I may leave my Bogner 412 Redback/V30 and replace the two V30s in my Splawn 412 with H75s.
I'm thinking I'll keep my primary cab with the RB/V30.
My Bogner came stock with V30/H30 and while bright for my tastes, it sounded so clear and cut great.
That said, I could easily EQ my amps to work with any speaker.
Everyone is different. My buddy John is an LA studio musician and he prefers Redbacks for most of his music and projects. He gets plenty of cut and with his Mesa amps. Some may not find them to have enough cut.
I love Redbacks but I like them blended as I do with V30s.
I'm gonna replace my M65s with H75s and give them another go.
Thanks for the input man.

Sorry, I wasn't implying you like overly bright tones. We are using different amps and have different tastes and how we dial in our gear impacts this.
That said, I'm looking to give the H75s another go. It's been a while since I've used them. I may leave my Bogner 412 Redback/V30 and replace the two V30s in my Splawn 412 with H75s.
I'm thinking I'll keep my primary cab with the RB/V30.
Thanks for the input man.
Of course and no offense at all taken. I like mid gain Marshall KERRANG and I don’t chug, which here is an outlier pretty much. I also have old ears lol. The H75 cab (slant) is punchier and has less top end than my 4xG12H30 cab or the aforementioned v30/anny cabs

Of course and no offense at all taken. I like mid gain Marshall KERRANG and I don’t chug, which here is an outlier pretty much. I also have old ears lol. The H75 cab (slant) is punchier and has less top end than my 4xG12H30 cab or the aforementioned v30/anny cabs
Very cool!
I have fairly old ears too, lol. I started playing in 1986/87.
I am going to give the H75s another go.
The closest I have to a Marshall is my Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva. A lot of people think of them as dark amps but with the EQ, I can make it as bright as I like.
I may be getting a Friedman BE Deluxe this year. I did own a '69 Marshall back in the late 80s.

Back