GMP Guitars.....anybody have one?

I owned the red Flying V with the gold hardware on their gallery page. Now my buddy (Pkripper) owns it and he loves it. I needed some $$$ so I traded my V for one of his guitars plus cash. I would still have it if I didn't need the cash at the time. Awesome guitar. Built like a tank. Sounds and plays amazingly. Beautiful craftmanship. If you're considering one, I wouldn't hesitate. The only thing that I didn't absolutely love about it was the neck size. I believe mine had the Standard Fat C neck profile and it is a very large, thick neck. If I were to buy one new I would order a smaller neck profile. But that's just a matter of preference.

Thanks for the replies. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. They look killer. Was just wondering about build quality and tone. Thanks!

Spider (Pat Benatars husband and guitar player) has ALWAYS played them...killer guitars!! THey have some monstrous paintjobs too...I love the US Flag /hotrod flamed ones that are floating around.

I had a GMP Firebird made for me, and it was awesome. Sounded huge, clear, very, very nice. Sadly, I sold it, and have regretted it ever since. It was a great guitar to have in the collection.

Something to keep in mind, the original GMP company shut down several years ago (around 2006) and they just started back up with different owners, etc a couple years ago. I think the quality is the same, but it IS a different company from before.

I own/have owned several and have one on order. Great comapny with amazing attention to detail and customer satisfaction. Super nice guys to boot.

1000370custom.jpg

nqh4.jpg

6qoa.jpg

dsc02189w.jpg

Wow! Ths are some badass gits! I really dig the boat flake! So the company has new owners and just started up again? Are any of the original folks still involved?

jcm800x4":35s7pw79 said:
Wow! Ths are some badass gits! I really dig the boat flake! So the company has new owners and just started up again? Are any of the original folks still involved?

They've been up and running for a while now. I think one guy, Glen, is one of the original GMP employees. They have a "history" link on the GMP website that has more detail.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm really a big believer in GMP and Dan Lawrence. If you like the ebony board, jumbo fret, maple top thing, GMP is about as good as it gets.

i had a roxie, very nice guitar, well built and their paint jobs are really cool.
the neck on mine was really thin and flat and if i was to ever get another i would go for a different neck shape.
great sounding guitar.

Les Zombie":32nv0zw1 said:
i had a roxie, very nice guitar, well built and their paint jobs are really cool.
the neck on mine was really thin and flat and if i was to ever get another i would go for a different neck shape.
great sounding guitar.

THere it is!!! Best flag paintjob going!!! LOVE IT!!!! :rock:

Back