Going to open the show for Slayer with CCV

jimmy274

I just wanted to share with you guys. Slayer and Newsted are playing in Belgrade Arena on June 25th, we (Rapidforce) are the opening act. So, if anyone is around the area, which I deeply doubt :) come over and hear CCV in action ;)

Big thanks to Dave "pbfoot", for making a big effort selling me the amp. It was a hell bringing the amp to Serbia... Cheers everyone! :cheers:

Thats incredible, congrats, take lots of pics and video if you can!

Leveraged Sellout":aftxa3sz said:
Thats incredible, congrats, take lots of pics and video if you can!

Yes, it is. It was a huge surprise for me and the guys from the band and it is even more exciting that I am going to do it with the amp which I was drooling over and over again... Pics and clips will follow :thumbsup:

Alright. Slayer did put great show. Newsted were also great. We were treated as bunch of 13 years old kids, eben though Slayer's production manager was really nice to us all the day. Foh guy really didn't care about us, stage monitoring engineer also. We had our people working, but the crew were treating them like shit. I guess theye were all tired and sick of it all. Just wanted to get through the night and get to the next gig asap.

I got compliments from Mike Mushok's guitar tech about the tone. That guy saved my ass! I managed to forget AC cables for my step down transformer. I asked him nicely for help and he went through all of his stuff but couldn't find any. He called Jason Newsted's bass tech but that guy could'nt help either. He then turned down all the power off of Mushok's rig, which consists of 2 Diezel VH4's and a large fx rack, took his step down and gave it to me and said "if you don't get this back to me after your show I'll kick your fucking ass". Anyone knows who this guy is? I would like to send him flowers! Really cool dude... Pics to follow.

And yes, CCV kicked ass that night. Few friends who were in the audience said it was the best tone that night.

Thats really cool man, don't know who the guy is but im sure someone here does...also, maybe im just crazy but you might want to send him something more like alcohol instead of flowers :LOL: :LOL:

post some pics if you have em man!

Ok. I'm doing this with a cell phone, since I'm on the road for a month already and will be by mid September. I hope youll see the pics.

I took pics of mainly Newsted's equipement since the guitar techs of Slayer were very unwelcome to say at least...

This is Mike Mushok's stuff
20130625_144644.jpg

20130625_145018.jpg

20130625_145136.jpg

This is the guy I was talking about
20130625_152443.jpg

Jason's amps

20130625_145236.jpg

The other Newsted guitar player's amps and Jason's Sadowsky's in the back

20130625_145247.jpg

And finally Jeff Hanneman's amps an FX rack. I didn't know that Gary Holt was using it. Same tech, same gear but differnt player and guitars...

20130625_191402.jpg

Gary btw is realy a nice guy. But Kerry King... I will just say untouchable. Or he would like to believe he is. Didn't like that guy. But he is legend. Right? :D

Back