good cheap acoustic guitars?

Seagull.

I've played lots of acoustics, and have always been impressed with them considering the price.

"seagull"? never heard of them - i'll check them out- thanks man.

what was that song beavis and butthead's teacher used to sing? "fly away lesbian seagull" :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Seagulls aren't too popular, but they're handmade in Canada, and you can get a new one for around $500, even less for a used one.

Seagull or any of the other Godin sub-brands for acoustics are definitely worth checking out if they are in budget. That would include Norman, Simon and Patrick, Lapatrie, and Art & Lutherie. A&L is pretty straight-up budget, but are very worthy instruments for the price. More bare-bones Seagulls are also pretty affordable. You can get decent parlor or folk sized guitars in these lines, which is nice for folks who prefer something different than a dreadnought.

Other good options would be a used Yamaha FG series, or Epiphone Masterbuilt (which are criminally underrated).

The Alvarez stuff is impressive. I bought an AD90SCK (now discontinued but available on ebay) for about $800 Canadian with case and it easily rivals acoustics twice, even three times the price! You can get em for about $400 US used now. I've turned quite a few people onto the Alvarez stuff and they all ended up with great guitars. Check them out!

bravedude2":22eejx4z said:
good guitars are not cheap=
cheap guitars are not good.
Maybe, BUT

A good player can make a cheap guitar sound good & a bad player can make a good guitar sound cheap :D

Death by Uberschall":2l0llle9 said:
bravedude2":2l0llle9 said:
good guitars are not cheap=
cheap guitars are not good.
Especially when talking about acoustic guitars. :yes:
If you're talking collectively then ok. I think we can agree there are winners and losers in every price range.

Back