Greenback(G12M-EVH-LYNCHBACK-CREAMBACK) Shooting Video!!!!

Great video!
The creamback was surprisingly good! The vintage g12m didnt sound very alive IMO.. I think mine sounds better haha.

The EVH seemed to be constricted and the heritage seemed to have some highs me no likie. I think G12M then Creamback then Lynch! I think this might have saved me money guys.. I have two G12M RI in a 4 x 12, might just grab two WGS and call it a day.

Kapo_Polenton":cjb0c874 said:
The EVH seemed to be constricted and the heritage seemed to have some highs me no likie. I think G12M then Creamback then Lynch! I think this might have saved me money guys.. I have two G12M RI in a 4 x 12, might just grab two WGS and call it a day.
I felt the same way but I have a cab with those EVH's and they sound great so... :confused:

From that video, I liked the Reissue G12M and Lynchback. However, I have tried all of these personally except the Creambacks (see cabs in sig).

My favorites in order are the G12H Heritage 75hz (they sound nothing like the 55hz or Anniversary models....I don't like either of those at all). Next is the Lynchback and then the EVH.

If I were to continue my rankings in order it would be:

Mojotone BV-25M
Weber Legacy 75hz 30 watt
Reissue Celestion G12m
WGS Reaper 75hz
Heritage G12H 55hz
WGS Green Beret
Celestion Anniversary G12H

All based on new speakers after a short break in period.

EyesOfTheSouth":ut5ql6oi said:
From that video, I liked the Reissue G12M and Lynchback. However, I have tried all of these personally except the Creambacks (see cabs in sig).

My favorites in order are the G12H Heritage 75hz (they sound nothing like the 55hz or Anniversary models....I don't like either of those at all). Next is the Lynchback and then the EVH.

Mojotone BV-25M
Reissue Celestion G12m
WGS Reaper 75hz
Heritage G12H 55hz
WGS Green Beret

what's the diff with the g12h 30 55hz & the 75hz

DET1973":1p7kjgwq said:
EyesOfTheSouth":1p7kjgwq said:

Mojotone BV-25M
Reissue Celestion G12m
WGS Reaper 75hz
Heritage G12H 55hz
WGS Green Beret

what's the diff with the g12h 30 55hz & the 75hz

I'm assuming you mean Heritage 55hz vs Heritage 75hz (not Anniv 75hz).

The 55hz has a bigger low end that I find loose/unfocused. The highs are extremely bright and edgy. The extremes on each end of the EQ make it sound scooped when it actually isn't (though I consider the Anniversary scooped). The 75hz has a much tighter low end and the highs are present.....but not overbearing or edgy/annoying. These make the mids stand out front.

The Anniversary is just a nasty speaker IMO. It honks like George Thorogood tone and has a piercing high mid/low treble spike. I've given them many tries. Most people love them......I don't.

The Lynchback had a bit more low end or maybe it was just less high end. From that vid I would go Creamback and Lynchback.

Good find!

The Anniversary is just a nasty speaker IMO. It honks like George Thorogood tone and has a piercing high mid/low treble spike. I've given them many tries. Most people love them......I don't.

Totally with you on that. I wanted to like them but the highs were BRUTAL! Great cleans though and nice low end but those highs hezus... I might check out some mojotones. I like the legacy i have but i don't dig the cost with shipping..

I've got a cab with two g12m RIs and two Weber Legacy 65s. The RIs are considerably brighter where the Legacy is dark. I had them in a X pattern and when I wandered over the side of the cabinet the Legacy was on it was noticeably darker sounding. I ended up putting both RIs on top.

Like the video above, I like the RIs the most (assuming those are the RIs), bright and aggressive. The Creambacks sounded pretty good. They seemed less dark with a mid focus, but not as bright as the RIs. I wonder how the RIs and Creambacks would mix? Could be interesting.

Have they released the 16 ohm Creambacks yet?

Back