Guitar World removes Don Felder's Hotel California lesson(s)

abrackas

Says:
"This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcL4MkpJQ4

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Felder granted permission for them to use the interview can Henley and his publishing company still make a claim on it?
Are lesson videos for other copyrighted songs at risk?

I just don't get the whole Eagles dysfunction. Especially on this song. Felder wrote the music or at least most of it, right?

IMO, he was the best guitar player in the band so maybe I'm biased. Henley is a drummer...and a singer. Double whammy.

abrackas":wt2nx0ln said:
Says:
"This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcL4MkpJQ4

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Felder granted permission for them to use the interview can Henley and his publishing company still make a claim on it?
Are lesson videos for other copyrighted songs at risk?

Depends on who actually owns the rights to it. How many artists have sold their songs and have no control over them? A lot.

Stuff has been getting removed from youtube at a rapid rate lately. Pretty soon we will only have Nick Jonas lessons left

I've been told the band didn't want the song(Hotel California) in the album.
So Felder gave up the rights on the album for exclusive rights for this song. The band loved the idea and agreed with no hesitation.
When the album came out named "Hotel California" and the song became their anthem everything started falling apart.

SBlue":sr9btzuh said:
So Felder gave up the rights on the album for exclusive rights for this song. The band loved the idea and agreed with no hesitation.
When the album came out named "Hotel California" and the song became their anthem everything started falling apart.
Everything fell apart because Felder wanted to sing on 2 tracks of the album, and the other guys said "no". Anyhoo, doesn't matter who wrote the song. The owners of the publishing rights make the decisions.

Kelly":bf38em7f said:
SBlue":bf38em7f said:
Everything fell apart because Felder wanted to sing on 2 tracks of the album, and the other guys said "no". Anyhoo, doesn't matter who wrote the song. The owners of the publishing rights make the decisions.
Yup. Apparently Felder wouldn't let it go, that he wouldn't be singing anything after he was told he could. He did write all the music to the title track. This was his downfall in the band. He couldn't get over it(pun intended). Lol.
The whole thing reminds me of Goodfellas where Morrie wouldn't let it go....'where's my money????" In the end, he got the boot....literally.

Back