Hammett On Beato

ha, you guys are all so kind ❤️

he totally was in the late 80s/90s, he had to win more "best guitarist" polls in all the magazines than anyone back then. bob rock calls him "mr guitar player of the year" in that one famous part in the documentary when hes cussing kirk out.
Not saying your wrong but I've never heard or seen anything like that . I don't doubt it though because in todays world they give the noble peace prize to people who start wars and induct pop icons into the rock & roll hall of fame.

Not saying your wrong but I've never heard or seen anything like that . I don't doubt it though because in todays world they give the noble peace prize to people who start wars and induct pop icons into the rock & roll hall of fame.

I’m not wrong lol, they’ve been one of if not the biggest bands in the world for going on 35 years now, I’m not sure how you could have missed that

I’m not wrong lol, they’ve been one of if not the biggest bands in the world for going on 35 years now, I’m not sure how you could have missed that
Please point me to where I said Metallica is not one of the biggest bands in the world ? You obviously missed my earlier post when I said Hammett is just one guitarist in a two guitarist band .

In my opinion Metallica has always been the king and started that whole scene but that doesn't change the fact that I've never heard people refer to Hammett as some all time great legendary guitarist .

Maybe people changed their minds after I stopped following the whole guitar world scene because I got involved with other things and didn't follow any music related stuff from about 1995 to 2020.

I was a guitar nut and followed everything from about 1975 up to about 1995 but not after that until rather recently and Hammett was never viewed as a great player in those days.

This is a serious question - what is on Kirk's resume besides being in Exodus before anyone cared about them and Metallica?
What's on it?

40 years in the buisness, hundreds of millions of dollars earned, millions of album sales, multiple world tours, record breaking events, worldwide endorsements, an icon in the world of guitar just to name a few.

You have no argument here at all.

“My resume includes 40 years worth of the shittiest guitar solos you’ve ever heard”
giphy.gif

Getting defensive and personal because a stranger on the internet doesn’t like a guitar player you like is definitely the mark of a mature, level headed individual

Oh my...

"I'll go through the modes you know?
OK
You know?
You know?
Standard thing
You know?
You know?
You know?
Standard thing
I'll go through the modes
(inaudible)"

For sure :yes:
That’s exactly the first thing I make kids learn for theory . It’s life changing . But he font use any of it now . He just does blues shred in the box . I wish he solo like Justice

Getting defensive and personal because a stranger on the internet doesn’t like a guitar player you like is definitely the mark of a mature, level headed individual
Did you really think that was defensive? I thought it was a simple response. I have no reason to get defensive, it's not personal to me.

I love most of kirks solos up till the load album, they fit the songs, but this last 3 albums i havent heard a solo that i truely loved from start to finish, most sucked or just had a few notes i liked. Im a kirk fan and love metallica, but i wished he would put more effort into the solos in the later years. When i was a kid before i learned to play guitar i thought his solos was more difficult than they are, kirk and james made me wanna learn how to play, and most of my friends dont play guitar and think kirk is awesome, so sometimes we gotta remember that the average person listens to a song different than a guitar player does, and maybe what sounds underwhelming to us might seem impressive to the non-guitar playing population, they dont disect every song and solo like we do, i would say they actually enjoy the solos way more than the guitar player community does. They dont care if kirk cant play like steve vai. Metallica has been too sucessful and sold millions of albums and most of those people dont notice that kirk isnt as good as he is, so at the end of the day it doesnt matter if the guys that play guitar think he sucks.

Back