Head Shipping Cost?

Gitfiddler

Any know the ballpark cost to have a smaller Splawn head shipped approx. 750 miles via UPS? Same question for loaded 2x12 cab.

The Splawn prices are good, but shipping costs may make me rethink buying new

Thanks!

If you don't get what you are looking for you could try grabbing the weight and dimensions into a UPS type estimator and get an approximate?

Any know the ballpark cost to have a smaller Splawn head shipped approx. 750 miles via UPS? Same question for loaded 2x12 cab.

The Splawn prices are good, but shipping costs may make me rethink buying new

Thanks!
Always ask to do it via postal service when at UPS. The prices are astronomically lower .

Thanks, guys. Sorry for sounding so lazy. I was using my phone and couldn't find the dimensions. I was hoping for <$200 UPS and it looks like it is doable. My USPS person is a lazy F and wouldn't deliver a combo I ordered last year. The person lied and said they put it in a locker. We don't have lockers. Never got the combo and it was a pain getting the refund. Splawn is too far for a reasonable road trip, so I might have to just roll the UPS dice. I have been looking at a Competition 50, but there is a "like new" QR up the road for $2k

The Comps are obviously much harder to find. I never use my clean channel, but like you I had a QR pop up very close to me and it was just easier to drive there and buy from a local. I think I paid $1,500. So I run mine (2008) in half power mode with 2 - EL34Ls and I have a loop volume pot in the loop along with time fx. I run the Treble at '0' trick and the presence fairly high. There is some bleed over from the Clean channel so I think the trick there is to max out all the dials. I'm usually on Gear 2/OD2 with a TS type boost (Bad Monkey) but I've been messing more lately with Gear 1 and an SD1. Good luck!

Never deal directly with UPS/USPS when having to ship big boxes. Try a broker instead (I use Parcel Monkey), prices are way lower and all you have to do is print the shipping label and drop it at your local UPS/USPS store. It looks too good to be true but it works.

Back