Help needed from jcm800 owners.

rottingcorpse

I need measurements of the head shells face plate where the Marshall logo is so that i can guess-timate how tall and long this custom printed logo should be. I need the actual dimensions ,not including the piping. This would include the roll-over at the bottom. My marshalls are in storage and im on the road or i would be able to do it myself the graphic designer needs these measurements to make sure the hight and width of the green stripe and logo will fit the cloth correctly. Thanks to any of you that will help.

(original post) I'm wondering if I can find a head shell builder that will do the Jeff Hanneman headshell for my 800.
It would look so badass with my 800KK in my two Marshall head road case.
It's not like the Hanneman crest isn't out there to be downloaded.
Any advice as to who might be able/willing to give it a go would be appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_0647-800x600.jpg

Last edited:
I get that, but am willing to pay for a whole new shell.
The shell it is replacing is ragged out.
if you find someone to paint that design on some grill cloth ( looks like they used a tight basket weave for it ) the same person will most likely be able to retolex your existing head shell .... save your self 300 - 400 bucks ......

I do tolex work all the time ..... and have built JCM 800 clone headshells ...

Attachments

• 20230226_131652.jpg
    20230226_131652.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230213_202030.jpg
    20230213_202030.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230214_190754.jpg
    20230214_190754.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230308_064243.jpg
    20230308_064243.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230308_064229.jpg
    20230308_064229.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
if you find someone to paint that design on some grill cloth ( looks like they used a tight basket weave for it ) the same person will most likely be able to retolex your existing head shell .... save your self 300 - 400 bucks ......

I do tolex work all the time ..... and have built JCM 800 clone headshells ...
what tolex is that? nice!

Ok, I have made a bunch of emails and phone calls...all going nowhere.The vintagelogos people that BSRIAudio suggested passed as they won't do the design work to clean up the logo. The Zilla cabs people have not gotten back to me. The only thing I have achieved so far is a graphic designer who has undertaken the task of cleaning up the logo design.

At this point my best bet is to do as Griff suggested and get the cleaned up logo design printed on a white material and then pull the front portion off my current head shell and remove the cloth that is on there now and replace it.

I know Marshall will print basically anything you want via their design store but I'm guessing you'd need to provide the artwork yourself.

I'd advise not using whoever Jeff used, unless you want it at a funky angle :ROFLMAO:

Ok, I have made a bunch of emails and phone calls...all going nowhere.The vintagelogos people that BSRIAudio suggested passed as they won't do the design work to clean up the logo. The Zilla cabs people have not gotten back to me. The only thing I have achieved so far is a graphic designer who has undertaken the task of cleaning up the logo design.

At this point my best bet is to do as Griff suggested and get the cleaned up logo design printed on a white material and then pull the front portion off my current head shell and remove the cloth that is on there now and replace it.
I have the exact dims for the faceplate at home somewhere .... I will look when I get home later .... keep in mind if you want to off set the Marshall logo like the one in your pic ..... you will have to redrill the holes for the logo to fit in ....

I have the exact dims for the faceplate at home somewhere .... I will look when I get home later .... keep in mind if you want to off set the Marshall logo like the one in your pic ..... you will have to redrill the holes for the logo to fit in ....
Thanks so much, brother. I have a plan for the Marshall logo.
I have a fabric guy now in Texas who will print the logo on a canvas type material. He even said he could print the wicker very lightly on it. But I think I'm just going to go for straight white canvas. Will make the logo pop more and will last a lot longer than wicker.

My next question is removing the face plate to refinish it. Will I have to redo the piping? How does it come out? Been scouring YouTube to no avail.

Thanks so much, brother. I have a plan for the Marshall logo.
I have a fabric guy now in Texas who will print the logo on a canvas type material. He even said he could print the wicker very lightly on it. But I think I'm just going to go for straight white canvas. Will make the logo pop more and will last a lot longer than wicker.

My next question is removing the face plate to refinish it. Will I have to redo the piping? How does it come out? Been scouring YouTube to no avail.
yes ..... you will have to remove the piping ..... it's applied after the cloth is stapled down ... if you remove it staple by staple .... you can most likely reuse it ... if it's ragged .... you can get more ... you'll have to remove a ton staples to get the cloth off too .

removing the plate ... once you have the chassis out ..... look into the amp from the back you should see some screws ( 4 corners and one in the top middle ) thats what's holding the face plate on ...

Back