HELP "Prototypes", Amplifier Repair in the DC Area?

grunge782

Has anyone heard of Prototypes amplifier repair? If so, are they good. I went to Pro Tech last time and they fucked up 2 of my amps, lost my records and then charged me 200 dollars for changing tubes...

I need somebody who can do a GOOD repair a Mesa Boogie Dual Recitifer and not overcharge?

Help me guys! :(

The guy I would actually recommend is about 3.5 hours from DC... :LOL: :LOL: What's the issue, and is it under warranty? If it is, I would stick with authorized Mesa repair techs. I think the guys over by Victor Litz are authorized, and I'm pretty sure Music Technology over in Springfield VA is also.

grunge782":3jkg3ybg said:
Has anyone heard of Prototypes amplifier repair? If so, are they good. I went to Pro Tech last time and they fucked up 2 of my amps, lost my records and then charged me 200 dollars for changing tubes...

I need somebody who can do a GOOD repair a Mesa Boogie Dual Recitifer and not overcharge?

Help me guys! :(

I don't know if this place is close but Roger's a good tech.
http://www.universalelectronicrepairs.com/

NewWorldMan":3df18a10 said:
The guy I would actually recommend is about 3.5 hours from DC... :LOL: :LOL: What's the issue, and is it under warranty? If it is, I would stick with authorized Mesa repair techs. I think the guys over by Victor Litz are authorized, and I'm pretty sure Music Technology over in Springfield VA is also.

Warranty is expired, has to see a tech (not a quick fix).

Victor Litz would be nice, but I want some reviews of them first. I don't want the Pro Tech crap to happen again...

Back