HELP! PT100 volume cut out and now there is no sound

Blackie08

Amp is a PT100.

So I was practicing for about an hour when the volume suddenly decreased and then completely cut out. Now there is no sound whatsoever. No hissing or any type of noise at all.

I unplugged my pedal board, disengaged the loop, and plugged straight in with a couple guitars and still no sound of any kind. All 4 powertubes light up...

Bad preamp tube? Power tube? Blown fuse?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Blackie08":hll44dz7 said:
Amp is a PT100.

So I was practicing for about an hour when the volume suddenly decreased and then completely cut out. Now there is no sound whatsoever. No hissing or any type of noise at all.

I unplugged my pedal board, disengaged the loop, and plugged straight in with a couple guitars and still no sound of any kind. All 4 powertubes light up...

Thanks

You have a blown HT fuse and possibly a flaky Power tube if it happens again.
Only replace with rated value.
It can also point to issues like bad cables going to the speaker or issues in the cabinet wiring, power attenuators etc.
If it blows a second time definitely replace the power tubes and re-bias.
You can get them from us and if you supply the numbers we put on the tubes we might be able to supply a set that doesn't need re-bias but it is always a good idea to check it.

If there is a light but no sound it would point to the HT fuse which is exposed.
If there are no lights it would be the mains fuse blown which is behind the Input module plate and is covered in the manual.
Either one usually points to no load on the amp or a bad power tube.

PLEASE use email for support :D

Suhr":myo0jncp said:
Blackie08":myo0jncp said:
Amp is a PT100.

Thanks

It can also point to issues like bad cables going to the speaker or issues in the cabinet wiring, power attenuators etc.
You can get them from us and if you supply the numbers we put on the tubes we might be able to supply a set that doesn't need re-bias but it is always a good idea to check it.

If there is a light but no sound it would point to the HT fuse which is exposed.
If there are no lights it would be the mains fuse blown which is behind the Input module plate and is covered in the manual.

Email sent John. Thanks for the help and great customer service :) :thumbsup:

Suhr":323dxazl said:
Blackie08":323dxazl said:
Amp is a PT100.

Thanks

John likes nothing better. He has " PLEASE use email for support" on speed dial :LOL: :LOL: He also has esp. :hys: Suhr guitars and customer care is beyond outstanding.

No doubt! John is all over this forum. I ordered some tubes and it seemed to take a little longer than one would expect. Contacted John and boom, tubes on the way. Spent a $100.00 and was treated like I spent $10,000.00. Thanks John :rock: !

I agree, John is a great guy to deal with. He always takes what ever time it takes to get things strightened out. :yes:

Back