Econ

Need help putting together the following pedalboard rig:

Seymour Duncan Powerstage 100 stereo
TC Electronics Mini Tuner
Cry Baby Mini Wah
Keely Mini Compressor
Friedman IRX
Eventide H9

I’m not sure how all this should connect, so any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Tuner, wah, compressor in the front of the irx and the h9 in the loop. If the irx is the one I’m thinking of. Never used a compressor but I assume they go in front?
Duh…and of course line out from the irx into the power stage…

usually wah/filters, comp, dirt, boost, and some modulation go before the amp input; some modulation and time based effects (delay, reverb) usually go in the loop / after the preamp stage and before the power amp stage, unless applied at the mixer. EQ can go before the preamp or after.

The order is up to you, and some pedals, like most vintage fuzz don't do well unless first in the chain. The order will change the results, e.g., OD into Distortion vs Distortion into OD. experiment with the order to find what works best for you.

then there's buffered vs true bypass...many videos on pedal order and pedal board layouts, some good some not...that pedal show is usually good at explaining layouts, but they're long winded videos.

If you are going to run the wah and compressor at same time then try comp-wah and wah-comp. You’ll probably prefer one or the other. My default is always comp first.

Tuner can go almost anywhere.

If you’re using the H9 for ambient Reverb/Delay then put it after the IRX (or in the IRX loop if it has one). But if you’re using it for Phasor/Flanger/Vibe or for a more ‘Edge-like’ echo effect then put the H9 before the IRX. I thought the H9 could do both but I’ve never owned one.

If the Powerstage is back near the amp cabinet then I might put the Tuner last if it has a buffer. If you put the tuner before the IRX and step on it to mute, the hiss/noise from your IRX pedal will still come thru.

Back