Hemp vs Paper Cones

I found some V30's reconed with Hemp cones on ebay and am interested...I heard Hemp smooths out the highs, but what else does it do? does it prevent breakup at higher volumes too?

Well.. hemp is the single most versetile and useful crop on the entire planet and is better than paper for many many applications.. So yeah, I'd believe that.

Breaks up about the same but smoother in the mids. Nice rolloff in the top end. Can get Bright but almost never harsh. Lot of lo mids. Tight punchy bass.

I love them.

Tawlks":3qll15nv said:
Well.. hemp is the single most versetile and useful crop on the entire planet and is better than paper for many many applications.. So yeah, I'd believe that.
+1

My AA sponsor doesn't want me to get hemp cones. He was already freaking out that I was playing in bars, and I didn't like to drink. I can't imagine him knowing I'm a pyro and I have hemp laying around. He's going to make me go to so many meetings!

If hemp is better than paper cones, then why arent all manufactures building speakers and cabs with hemp cones in their flagship lines? Why doesnt celestion change the V30 to hemp? Why doesnt mesa and bogner sell stock cabs loaded with hemp cones?

my $.02

droptrd":1mq0h6ne said:
If hemp is better than paper cones, then why arent all manufactures building speakers and cabs with hemp cones in their flagship lines? Why doesnt celestion change the V30 to hemp? Why doesnt mesa and bogner sell stock cabs loaded with hemp cones?

my $.02

I think its down to preference.
I guess hemp exceeds in things paper can't. I play metal (not super high gain) with a roadster and im afraid to try hemp because they're pretty dark with treble rolled off, and the roadster isnt exactly high mid heavy, so i don't know what would happen :thumbsdown:

ElectricTurkey4369":3h4oaj8x said:
droptrd":3h4oaj8x said:

my $.02

I think its down to preference.
I guess hemp exceeds in things paper can't. I play metal (not super high gain) with a roadster and im afraid to try hemp because they're pretty dark with treble rolled off, and the roadster isnt exactly high mid heavy, so i don't know what would happen :thumbsdown:

I exclusively play modern metal with my hemps. They are also an option for all diezel cabs, before the Schmidt existed mind you.

Its all about preference, hemp isn't better unless you think it sounds better.

The roll off is awesome. You can crank treble and presence as high as you like and never will it get harsh. The mids are the defining factor. You have to love low mids and appreciate the smoky sweetness of hemps mids. If the mids don't work for you, youll hate them no matter the roll off.

Back