How do I deselect all channels?

jimosity

I know if I switch to a midi channel that has not yet been programmed yet, my M4 will have no module selected...then I just tap the button to set which module I want engaged for that preset, hold it and it's saved.

Is there a way to erase a setting on a particular patch without wiping everything? (meaning so that no module is selected)

Once a channel is programmed, you can only change which channel is on but you can't make it no channel. What are you trying to do? FYI, note #64 is a mute all function.

It was just one of those things that crosses my mind whenever I'm programming a new patch that's not been set before. When I hit the midi patch #, my effects processor jumps to that channel, but the M4 has shows nothing programmed until I set it...so I was just wondering once I set it, how to go back to no setting.

I use multiple preamps in my rig and an Axess Electronics GRX4 to switch between them. I can disengage the M4 as needed via GRX4, but if it were able to be done on the M4 by selecting "no channel", it would just be another way of doing the same thing...

PS: I just talked to Frank on Monday and ordered up a second M4, so I'm looking forward to that! I love my M4 more than anything else I've ever owned. Thank you!!

Still no quite following but, if you are in the "no channel" mode because it has not been stored, you can use the front panel button to select channels. Just don't store it and that program patch will still be "no channel".

Next Detroit amp building seminars:

October 6/7

and

October 20/21

email begnater@aol.com for info or visit egnater.com

bruce egnater":652d3 said:
Still no quite following but, if you are in the "no channel" mode because it has not been stored, you can use the front panel button to select channels. Just don't store it and that program patch will still be "no channel".

The opposite of what you just explained is what I was originally referring to.
If a channel is already set, I was wondering if there was a way to put it back to "no channel".

Back