How does one change their Sweetwater rep?

IUlawdad":z377jpba said:
Maybe just getting your gear at a local music shop instead of the WalMart of musical intruments ?

This forum has been giving me some great laughs lately.

Keep 'em coming guys.

never understood this really. I know what I want, I do the research so I know market prices. I locate a retailer/vendor that has what I want for the prices I'm willing to spend. I have the money I go buy it. No one need to sell me anything...sales reps are order takers. I don't care who takes takes order just take it. I also don't need a follow-up phone call asking how I like a $150 dollar item or a $3500 one.

I really do like Sweetwater, great place but great folks, great service for the most part but I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on musical products that I order directly and don't need to speak to anyone...just ship and shoot me the tracking number.

Well, just so you know, I live in NE Indiana and have been dealing with Chuck Surak/Sweetwatersound for years. If there was ever a buisness that was a poster child for government welfare, this would be it. See I have to hand money to them through my taxes for nothing in return, and have no say about it. I dont live in Allen County IN, but I do some work there, so they take my tax money. Sweetwater gets millions in tax breaks in exchage for the $60k a year jobs they claim to be creating, but from the online research I have done, it appears that most new employees start at at just over minimum wage. So if they are making over 60k they must be working 12 hours days 7 days a week. Mr Surack is now in charge of a group of local people to determine if Ft Wayne is going to build a new downtown entertainment arena, and if they do (and you know they will ) do you think Musicians Friend is going to get the lighting and sound contract? The guy is now an unelected politicain !! Then theres the TAXPAYER FUNDED FBO that is being built and all the new roadways on the west side of FWA airport that leads right to the front door of Mr Suracks hangar(I mean EVERYONE that owns a music store has a private jet, right?). You are talking millions upon millions of dollars of public money for basically 1 guy. So is this how it works, donate $15,000 to your local congressman, (Marlin Stutzman R), and you get all sorts of goodies? So no I am not a fan. You dont have to take my word for it do your own research. Id say thats a pretty bitchin 5th post !

Fun, ain't it?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm paying for FOUR BRAND NEW STADIUMS in MN. Think I see any "kick-backs" form those? I'm not going to even guess how much we've given to the pro sports teams here over the last 50 years. Talk about welfare!!

Another thing they did locally is the thing with radio staion WXKE. I dont know if they now own the station, but there is this DJ, Doc West, kind of a local legend really, that Ive been listening to since high school. (Im 51 now). It WAS a great classic rock station but now its just a 24/7 Sweetwater sound commercial ! The only thing Doc says now is Sweetwater this or Sweetwater that, just a coorperate shill now. Not bad for #6

Good posts...Fair to explain #4, and I agree with your viewpoint, but welcome to America. This shit happens in every sector of business to some extent. I too would like to go back to living in the world of small business dreams/tax breaks/etc, but until our system collapses, which will probably happen, the top 1% keep getting further away from the rest of us.

I do purchase strings/accessories from Nicholson Music here, which is a great little local store, and they do great setups for a good price...but they don't have what I like in axes/amps...as they cater to the student musician, i.e. violin, horns, etc. But I do pay a little more for strings and stuff there...and I'm fine with that.

crwnedblasphemy":pdy4d1zb said:
the top 1% keep getting further away from the rest of us..

The owner of Sweetwater is not in the top 1%. Based on your comments, many of which I agree with, I'm pretty sure you know that but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Bob Savage":3b9zprzb said:
crwnedblasphemy":3b9zprzb said:
the top 1% keep getting further away from the rest of us..

The owner of Sweetwater is not in the top 1%. Based on your comments, many of which I agree with, I'm pretty sure you know that but thought I'd mention it anyway.

No prob...I figured that, more of a generalization of the wealthy elite.

If you can't simply call up and request a rep change (yeah, I know you probably have to listen to someone beg and plead), I've had several over the last 15-20 years possibly just because I've used different email addresses and have had a few different addresses. Not sure what they use to recognize a customer, so not sure if the address doesn't change if they might recognize you as the same customer. BTW, I've never created an account, I just fill in the info every time I order - probably another reason I've had a few different reps over the years.

I'm with IUlawdad, I out research everything I ever dream of buying so I have no need for a sales rep... But everytime I've gone through Sweetwater Nick Schenkel is always prompt with letting me know what's what with my order... No problems with him

Aaron cieslikowski is my guy and he is SUPER good. I thun that how his name is spelled haha. He must work 24/7 because shit will be done in minutes like Jimmy John's or some shit.

You guys crying about the 1% realize that even the poorest in this country lives in the top 10% of the world right? I guess it's all about perspective.

JerEvil":26qj7kaq said:
Yup. Arend is my guy.
Yeah, so for many years, Arend was my guy (WAS being the operative word), but sadly it appears he's moved onto bigger and better things. The replacement rep dude whom I was assigned and I are sadly NOT getting along ... at all :doh:

I enjoyed many years of stellar customer service, but I think Arend just spoiled the shit out of me. Before I take my business to some place like Reverb, figured I'd ask if anyone had a Sweetwater rep that they could recommend. Someone who's not a complete dolt would be very kindly appreciated. :thumbsup:

-Bb

Yeah, I had Arend, and now my guy I believe is Dylan, like it auto switched on me, or like ya said, he either moved on, isn't there anymore, or got promoted. Not sure where he went or what happened that I got someone else.

Back