How Frank Zappa felt about Eddie Van Halen. Dweezil Zappa explains on Sunset Sound

At the 1:12:30 mark, you can hear what Zappa was saying about the mean street tap... I've never heard this version before either.... pretty cool stuff.

Good quality 1981 bootlegs are hard to come by , that’s the best one out there. Ed plays a bit of Cheech & Chong’s Earache My Eye during one of the jams at the end of that show and that might be the show where Dave sings a few lines from Damn Good

He does it in "Live Without A Net" on video.

Listen to where I pointed out. Eddie doesnt play the part on live without a net. He plays a tapping part higher up at NC that I've never heard played before except on the video I posted. Listen to 1:12:48 second mark. Totally different. Really cool too.

Frank Zappa..the guy that hardly anyone knows about in 2023. The guys music always sucked and boring is an understatement.
While I will admit he was a very smart person and knew music inside and out, he spent a lot of time creating a lot of garbage. I like a few records, but a lot of what he recorded was terrible to me and it defies logic to me that he committed so many resources to the creation of so much mediocrity.

Frank Zappa..the guy that hardly anyone knows about in 2023. The guys music always sucked and boring is an understatement.
If gentlemen nowadays aren’t familiar with Mr Zappa, that’s on them. I mean…..why waste time on music/guitar history when you can be playing with your phone and posting idiotic bullshit on social media.

Frank Zappa was a great live performer with top notch musicians in his bands. I consider him a great player himself.

Back