How is cameron different?

the rossness

What exactly is the Cameron tone? How is it different from any other modded Marshall? I hear a lot of hype about Cameron amps. I hear how his circuits are very different and how he has magic in his amps, but what kind of magic is it? Can someone shed some light on Cameron amps for me or at least the differences between something like a CCV and other Marshall based mods (Jose, Fortin, Friedman, JVM, Splawn).

When Jose Arrendondo died there were 17 or 18 amps left in his shop. I have no clue how many were complete but I am sure it varied. However it happened those amps wound up in a music store strorage room where Mark was able to fully study and dissect them. He had been doing his own mods prior to this I believe. Along the way to present he has added his own takes and mods, etc. He has a great ear for tone as well since he has been a player for years. He is also a very unique personality which reflects in his amps. He has found a way to tame ac heaters. He uses allot of insuarnces in his mods and amps that stabilize the circuits. I can clearly see what transpires in an amp if he hears an oscillation :LOL: :LOL: Trust me the oscillation or artifact goes away. Mark does it best. All my opinion of course which means shit. Take it or leave it. If you don't know who Jose was, well......................

the rossness":iuum7yiu said:
What exactly is the Cameron tone? How is it different from any other modded Marshall? I hear a lot of hype about Cameron amps. I hear how his circuits are very different and how he has magic in his amps, but what kind of magic is it? Can someone shed some light on Cameron amps for me or at least the differences between something like a CCV and other Marshall based mods (Jose, Fortin, Friedman, JVM, Splawn).

They don't work for everyone, but for my money, Mark makes the best amps I've ever played.....nothing else feels the same.....some get a similar sound, but I've never played anything with the same feel or response.

You really just have to try one for yourself. You can't describe feel and response in terms that mean anything to another individual.

It will either be immediately apparent to you, or not.

Back