How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The gravity of Earth, denoted by g, is the net acceleration that is imparted to objects due to the combined effect of gravitation (from mass distribution within Earth) and the centrifugal force (from the Earth's rotation).[2][3]
There are two forces there. Gravity is not dependent on centrifugal force. Centrifugal reduces the effect of gravity as it is counteracting gravity to an extent but they are two separable forces each with their own vector.

So sorry you are still wrong.

I see what you did there.

PS
@VonBonfire is the only person I've ever really talked to that believed in a flat earth. He explained why he feels that way. So although I disagree with it, I still respect it and his convictions.
I live in the hills so I'd say earth is definitely not flat. But it's also not a ball spinning in outer space either, that's some ridiculous level stuff. I don't think anyone really knows 100 percent how it functions. But I do know water finds level, easy self observation. Water doesn't curve so in that case a ball earth is out the window. What's most amazing to me is how tightly people cling and how readily they take up arms to defend a ball earth model.

The real clincher for me is youtube searching something like "concave/convex earth model" and all you get with the newer algorithm is videos "debunking" anything that doesn't agree (kinda like vax searches) with a sun worshippers take on the galaxy unless you scroll down for an age. It's all subverted. It's a core tenet to people that we landed on the moon and live on a ball, a religion, and they are willing to fight over it and demonize anyone who questions it.

I live in the hills so I'd say earth is definitely not flat. But it's also not a ball spinning in outer space either, that's some ridiculous level stuff. I don't think anyone really knows 100 percent how it functions. But I do know water finds level, easy self observation. Water doesn't curve so in that case a ball earth is out the window. What's most amazing to me is how tightly people cling and how readily they take up arms to defend a ball earth model.

The real clincher for me is youtube searching something like "concave/convex earth model" and all you get with the newer algorithm is videos "debunking" anything that doesn't agree (kinda like vax searches) with a sun worshippers take on the galaxy unless you scroll down for an age. It's all subverted. It's a core tenet to people that we landed on the moon and live on a ball, a religion, and they are willing to fight over it and demonize anyone who questions it.
Water does curve. On a macro scale it curves around the Earth's centre of mass. On the scale of most buildings and other human applications for levelling purposes it's flat enough to be considered "flat".

It’s mind boggling the mental contortions people undertake to defend the idea — people walking around upside down on a spinning ball with entire oceans stuck to it 🙄🤷‍♂️

Are there not any Pilots on here that can verify the earth is round? The fact that INS and GPS systems compensate for the 'Great Circle Distance' when calculating Time/Speed/distance? (The cliff note definition Great circle distance measures point to point distance over a sphere, which, is, us. The Earth.)
The curve you see in a plane flying above alts as low as 37,000 feet isn't there because of the shape of the aircraft window.
Also, most of the other heavenly bodies out there in space are sphere or spheroid, including our moon. All except us, the Earth. We apparently are a Pizza, zooming along thru space with the South Pole at the crust.

I have my own theory of Flat Earth. It's a social experiment to see how much crap they can get us to believe.

Anyway, the real reason I'm on here is does anyone know the string spacing of a Kahler 2760 Steeler? Ive used them, the best Floyd Clone Ive EVER used, including the Gotoh 1996. Some of the FU Tons stuff is close. But even the FU tone guy told me there's very little you can do to a Steeler. It's just right.

Thanks in advance

Are there not any Pilots on here that can verify the earth is round? The fact that INS and GPS systems compensate for the 'Great Circle Distance' when calculating Time/Speed/distance? (The cliff note definition Great circle distance measures point to point distance over a sphere, which, is, us. The Earth.)
The curve you see in a plane flying above alts as low as 37,000 feet isn't there because of the shape of the aircraft window.
Also, most of the other heavenly bodies out there in space are sphere or spheroid, including out moon. All except us, the Earth. We apparently are a Pizza, zooming along thru space with the South Pole at the crust.

Anyway, the real reason I'm on here is does anyone know the string spacing of a Kahler 2760 Steeler? Ive used them, the best Floyd Clone Ive EVER used, including the Gotoh 1996. Some of the FU Tons stuff is close. But even the FU tone guy told me there's very little you can do to a Steeler. It's just right.

Thanks in advance
The FU Tone stuff is just re-branded Gotoh.

:rolleyes:

The FU Tone stuff is just re-branded Gotoh.

:rolleyes:
I did not know that, other than they look familiar. The only FU Tone I played was a buddies HotRod Strat build, and it didn't really feel like the 1996 Gotoh I played at all. Granted, he had a bunch FU stuff, Titanium inserts, some kinda silent spring that was higher tension or something...a bigger Brass Block, it wasn't bad at all.

But yea, we’ve discovered like 4,000 planets, every single one of them the same shape, but maybe earth is different lol
Actually, I don't buy that we've "discovered" any outside the solar system; they've been "inferred". Nobody's seen one yet.

Heck, look how long it took us to get a decent 'photo of Pluto and that's in our back yard.

Gravity is not dependent on centrifugal force. Centrifugal reduces the effect of gravity as it is counteracting gravity...
Indeed, it's the opposite of course.

Thanks to the spin's being very-slow, its effect is negligible. If it spun fast, we'd all be thrown off into space. :LOL:

Should be your Gotoh choice of hardware!
I was asking a question to Warmoth about where the truss rod adjustment was gonna be on my neck for my parts-caster build.

They told me they use a Gotoh gearbox that is routed into the neck, near the heel, and the truss rod adjustment is on the side of the neck.

New one on me !

qM87S0M.jpg

Floyd, some of these dude's have never watched a honey buzzard eat a hornet's nest.. and it shows.

🐝
Never heard of this, so just watched some videos.
Those buzzardds are bad ass, dont give a shit.
Some of those nests in the videos I watched are bigger than the birds!
Even went after a ground nest!

I will say though, those buzzards look more like a bird of prey rather than the typical buzzard most a familiar with...

Actually, I don't buy that we've "discovered" any outside the solar system; they've been "inferred". Nobody's seen one yet.

Heck, look how long it took us to get a decent 'photo of Pluto and that's in our back yard.

Indeed, it's the opposite of course.

Thanks to the spin's being very-slow, its effect is negligible. If it spun fast, we'd all be thrown off into space. :LOL:
i guess you could argue the semantics of "discovered", but Kepler and now TESS are knocking them out. Thousands of confirmed exoplanets (and just as many unconfirmed)

Back