How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

These ones were taken by an imperial battle cruiser.

1713839539304.png

Floyd.. with 7.47% of this site being Australian, what are the odds there's 4 of them who only post in OTC and even then, do nothing but talk trash about America.

It's just NPC/sock-puppet bullshit.

:ROFLMAO:
Another false sock-puppet accusation Brother C.

I only see 2 Aussie members in OTC regularly:
Thumbpicker is legit, and yes, he does play Guitar... pretty-well I reckon.
The other I see regularly in OTC is... myself.

Then there's the "do nothing but talk trash about America" accusation:
I've never done it, not even once.
Thumbpicker says both negative and positive things about America.

Thanks mate.

twP0Nta.jpg

What's your point? The Earth is a sphere in this article btw. Are you going to finally relent on that and now go on some where space is not a vacuum conspiracy theory... This by the way which has always been true doesn't mean much - there are always some free atoms out in "space". It's still basically a vacuum even with the sparse hydrogen atoms. It just means that there are less atoms once you get past the additional hydrogen atoms associated with Earth's presence.

As it is, the Earth and the moon rotate around a common centre of mass which is just below the Earth's surface.

What is the scientific definition of a vacuum? - NPL

Last edited:
What's your point? The Earth is a sphere in this article btw. Are you going to finally relent on that and now go on some where space is not a vacuum conspiracy theory... This by the way which has always been true doesn't mean much - there are always some free atoms out in "space". It's still basically a vacuum even with the sparse hydrogen atoms. It just means that there are less atoms once you get past the additional hydrogen atoms associated with Earth's presence.

As it is, the Earth and the moon rotate around a common centre of mass which is just below the Earth's surface.

What is the scientific definition of a vacuum? - NPL
Well, first, "Surprise" — a pretty significant revision to what has been previously claimed. Does that mean that the moon is not in space? Where does "Space" start anyways? I'll have to think further about the implications of the earth's atmosphere extending past the moon, but the first thing that occurs to me is that it blows away the idea that there exists some clean frictionless separation of space and the atmosphere spinning at 1000mph. Given this, I would expect massive turbulence at higher elevations and likely even extending down to earth. Regardless, this was an aside I came across, but still interesting.

Does that mean that the moon is not in space? Where does "Space" start anyways? I'll have to think further about the implications of the earth's atmosphere extending past the moon, but the first thing that occurs to me is that it blows away the idea that there exists some clean frictionless separation of space and the atmosphere spinning at 1000mph. Given this, I would expect massive turbulence at higher elevations and likely even extending down to earth. Regardless, this was an aside I came across, but still interesting.
No it does not mean the moon is not in space. It's all or nothing with you isn't it... The pressure from those hydrogen atoms is completely negligible. A vacuum is never perfect - even in space. Read the scientific definition of a vacuum.

The tenuous outer atmosphere has always been known to extend well beyond the Karman line where space is deemed to start. Up to 10,000 kilometers. You're the one who thinks I think in black and white terms. You are well and truly guilty of it. The start of "space" is defined by convention. The moon is 384,000 kms away even if there is a bit of extra hydrogen from our atmosphere - it's going to be so tenuous it's still well and truly a vacuum - again the definition of a lab vacuum is not a volume completely devoid of atoms...

It's similar to people arguing over whether Pluto is a planet. A definition of "planet" can vary. It's agreed by convention and a consensus. It's not entirely black and white - it's a human construct/categorisation.

Atmosphere (nationalgeographic.org)

Space was never empty even beyond that. There are always atoms there too.

The friction is negligible past a certain point - but that's why the orbits of satellites decay above Earth. There's atmosphere there too - it's still space - it just has a slightly higher density of gas than further out.

Last edited:
Back