how to handle a remorseful buyer on reverb?

Here’s my unpopular take.

Regardless if it legit or remorse, if you are selling on reverb competing against brick and mortar businesses, and asking “online”market value, you need to be prepared to deal with customers in the same manner. This means taking something back.
I see your point, and it's a major reason I don't mess with reverb. I don't have the same backing with companies that brick and mortar store do to take the risks. Can't afford some guy misusing and breaking an amp and trying to pull a fast one one me, and being forced to take it back.

I had an Iridium- there is a bit of 60 Hz noise in the background that you only hear at low volumes. I didn't hear it with the Amp 1 Mercury so I wrote to Bluguitar about it and they said that's normal for the unit. So ... doesn't sound like any kind of issue.

Are you allowed to charge “Restocking” or “Damaged item” fees on Reverb? That way you can accept returns for whatever reason and the buyer will think twice. Say 10-20% for restocking and 0-100% for damage.

Yep. In your shop policies, you can set terms for your returns, as well as restocking fees. Under the General Terms and Special Conditions, you can add whatever "fine print" you need to protect yourself. For example, I require any issues to be reported within 72 hours, and any damage in shipping within 24. I also set terms for them to cover shipping in both directions when something is returned for subjective reasons.

As tempting as it is to take an as-is, no returns approach, I'd rather take something back over a change of heart, than to have a buyer damage the item or otherwise manufacture a reason for a not-as-described return. When you accept returns, I think it disarms the buyer a bit. Then they can request a return for any reason, without having to posture for a fight. Almost no one reads shop policies ahead of time, especially when they see that you accept returns in your item listing. By the time they find out that I won't refund their shipping, etc., they've already confirmed that the item was fine, just not what they wanted, and good luck convincing Reverb support of a not-as-described claim by that point ;-)

Yep. In your shop policies, you can set terms for your returns, as well as restocking fees. Under the General Terms and Special Conditions, you can add whatever "fine print" you need to protect yourself. For example, I require any issues to be reported within 72 hours, and any damage in shipping within 24. I also set terms for them to cover shipping in both directions when something is returned for subjective reasons.

As tempting as it is to take an as-is, no returns approach, I'd rather take something back over a change of heart, than to have a buyer damage the item or otherwise manufacture a reason for a not-as-described return. When you accept returns, I think it disarms the buyer a bit. Then they can request a return for any reason, without having to posture for a fight. Almost no one reads shop policies ahead of time, especially when they see that you accept returns in your item listing. By the time they find out that I won't refund their shipping, etc., they've already confirmed that the item was fine, just not what they wanted, and good luck convincing Reverb support of a not-as-described claim by that point ;-)
well the first conversation, i told him that i would accept a return if he sent it back to me, but after having his question answered on another Blug group on facebook; he decided to keep it, and ASKED me to deny his refund request... i did, and returned the money to my CC.
Then the next day he said he encountered another ground noise when he plugged it into a PA speaker...? so he then opens the chassis to see if he can find a bad ground i guess, and then tells me the tone knob for the clean channel is broken and disconnected.....hmmmm..
after these conversations i screenshot all of our messages, and told him to file a claim with reverb. i have never had a deal go sideways like this, and i would be a horrible customer service rep for real.
i HATE,HATE that this guy feels like he got ripped off, especially around xmas, but im not about to take an amp back that he got in and monkeyed with, and now has an issue that it didnt seem to have before...

well the first conversation, i told him that i would accept a return if he sent it back to me, but after having his question answered on another Blug group on facebook; he decided to keep it, and ASKED me to deny his refund request... i did, and returned the money to my CC.
Then the next day he said he encountered another ground noise when he plugged it into a PA speaker...? so he then opens the chassis to see if he can find a bad ground i guess, and then tells me the tone knob for the clean channel is broken and disconnected.....hmmmm..
after these conversations i screenshot all of our messages, and told him to file a claim with reverb. i have never had a deal go sideways like this, and i would be a horrible customer service rep for real.
i HATE,HATE that this guy feels like he got ripped off, especially around xmas, but im not about to take an amp back that he got in and monkeyed with, and now has an issue that it didnt seem to have before...
This guy sounds like a piece. I think opening it up should void a return.

Back