I came this close to putting up the Metalhead Marshall for sale just now..

Soundstorm

And then I played it in the room again, holy shit that would've been a mistake. It's quite possibly the best amp I've ever heard. Going into a load box into IRs vs just going through a cab in the real world are just not the same thing at this point IMO. You can definitely get great tones, album quality tones, going the IR route, but plugging into a real cab is just a different experience.

/coolstorybro

Same for me but my girlfriend
1713988869273.png

Playing through IRs pretty much always sucks compared to through a cab, lol.

You should run it through a loadbox, and then back through a poweramp into a cab.
I might try that option. I installed a wall plate that goes into my garage so I can mic a cab in there but it's still decently loud in my studio. I have an attenuator and load boxes and all that good stuff for quiet playing. But it's so much quicker to just stick an SM57 in front of a cab than trying to dial in IRs for recording.

I might try that option. I installed a wall plate that goes into my garage so I can mic a cab in there but it's still decently loud in my studio. I have an attenuator and load boxes and all that good stuff for quiet playing. But it's so much quicker to just stick an SM57 in front of a cab than trying to dial in IRs for recording.
I have been messing with running my Triple Recto into a loadbox, and then running it back through a KT88 Poweramp. HUGE sound!

That was a close one :oops: but definitely keep it, you'll kick yourself forever, I am for selling a JCM 800 about 20 years ago when I first started playing and not knowing what I was doing and going on that never ending chasing the dragon tone chase.

Back