I got head today and it was good.

CarlF

Get your minds out of the gutter!! A new Marshall 1987X atop a 2012 HW cab. Cab has the G12h 30;s (55hz) Sounds as expected. Probably gonna get another Power Station to tame it.

320977732_1104866796865503_4609205775211659852_n.jpg

Get your minds out of the gutter!! A new Marshall 1987X atop a 2012 HW cab. Cab has the G12h 30;s (55hz) Sounds as expected. Probably gonna get another Power Station to tame it.

320977732_1104866796865503_4609205775211659852_n.jpg
Congrats. I'm usually more of a high gain guy but I ordered an all access plexi from Ceriatone. I would love to have a Marshall

Are you still using the PRS? They are different enough to justify both?
Yes, the PRS isn't going anywhere. The Marshall is in the Living Room! They are different enough to have both. The tone stack on the PRS is different than the Marshall. Marshall is way more aggressive.

That’s a super dope set-up.
Get’ some Ritchie Blackmore meets Duane Allman.
Dime everything and use guitar controls as the boosts,
-it sure as shit helps if the drummer has a keen understanding of dynamics.
With that volume control from 7.8–10 is part boost
coupled with that drummer I mentioned bringing the you up and on top or cascade away..
Fire in the hole!

Congrats!

I’ve never played the PRS but the 1987x is pretty toothy and mean. They sound great but they aren’t on the Hendrix-y side of Marshall.
You need a '60's Marshall for that imo. The '67 Tremolo I had and other I tried from 1967 and before had the vibe for that. Warmer, no kerrang. My Gjika & Alessandro Red Bone's also imo sound fantastic for that kinda stuff. My ears though tend to get more excited by the more aggressive, kerrang-y Marshall's

You need a '60's Marshall for that imo. The '67 Tremolo I had and other I tried from 1967 and before had the vibe for that. Warmer, no kerrang. My Gjika & Alessandro Red Bone's also imo sound fantastic for that kinda stuff. My ears though tend to get more excited by the more aggressive, kerrang-y Marshall's
I would kill for one of Bob's amps.

I would kill for one of Bob's amps.
For the kinda stuff you play in your clips they are imo one of the best amps I've tried so far. And Bob himself is mostly a Strat guy. I would be too for most bluesy stuff. My Alessandro's, Jim Kelley, & Schroeder's imo are up there too for that stuff. Also the Komet's I remember being very impressive

I had that cab for a while and still have that same head. It is a beast. I run both volumes on 6 at all times and sometimes use a Power Brake on it. Tube rolling is fun with this amp. I've had everything in there.

Yep, that 67 had more ‘depth, 3D’ kinda thing going on but fell far short of my 72 in the aggression dept.
Great amp tho

Yep, that 67 had more ‘depth, 3D’ kinda thing going on but fell far short of my 72 in the aggression dept.
Great amp tho
Part of why I was ok on letting go of the ‘67 was because the ‘72 had the punch & aggression, while imo the Alessandro Redbone & Gjika actually had more complexity, richness or what I interpret as bloom to the notes vs the ‘67. It’s impressive how close the Alessandro’s get in rawness to vintage amps. Still not all the way there, but pretty damn close. The Gjika doesn’t have that rawness, but the voicing itself is more unique

Back