I gotta ask.

parntz145

I was just wondering, all you guys that just got the MC. Are you happy with them? Whats your take on the amp? I should have mine by next week. I have to say im nervouse about this one. I ordered one on Wizard reputation and by hearing clips which I NEVER go by clips. Its just a lot of money for a head and I hope im not disapointed. Lets get some honest opinions here.
Thanks Paulie.

:) As you know I have just recently gotten a new Wizard MC-100 amp. I looked at this whole situation for over a year. I took that long based on how much they cost like you stated. :yes:
I finally did pull the trigger because for me while I love gain oh how I love gain, I came to a point that I realized I did not have to have balls out gotta rock out gain 'ALL THE TIME ' when actually playing entire pieces of music or REALLY being productive as a complete musician. Rocking out is the bomb! :rock: But there is a whole lot more to rock/metal than that. Dynamics are everything. :student:
Now this being said I took the plunge because I was figuring hey this is an amp everyone says has AC-DC in the bag. Solid pure tone. Yet I did have my doubts wizard would satisfy me due to my Cameron exposure, my modded marshall collection and more. :dunno: I also should add that my gain addiction was telling me 'bro you are making a mistake' :jerkit: But the positives came up large.
Also, I got friends 'THAT I TRUST" these guys have never let me down. I should actually make a thread THANKING these guys. Johnnyjellybean/Steve kept the steady word on me to get the Wizard. He just seemed so content with Wizards. And I knew that meant something right there. Then Greazy Geo/George has always played Wizards he has gotta go down as the patriarch for Wizards, to me. The guy puts up those clips for as far back as I can remember and he always had solid tone. He also put in the word to me to save up and get the Wizard.
Josh Sage had also talked to me about the Wizard amps. Josh was talking about Wizards before he was even a dealer. Back when he was no different than any of the rest of us. What really makes a dent for me about Josh is goes out and becomes a dealer for these amps and always gets to the party 1st.' Every single time 'yet only after he has been on their wagon and decided they are a great product for the money no matter what that money level is.
He talked to me yesterday and the day before. :yes: Hell we talk everyday and yesterday just like always he started telling me about his next addition. There is only a new product addition if there is a worthy product. :thumbsup:

:checkthisout: Okay I can finish this now. Sorry guys I had to go eat. :LOL: :LOL: So I finally got the Wizard MC-100 and I was impressed with it cosmetics wise but how would it sound? I got it hooked up and turned it on and due to having a speaker cab with wiring issues asa it turned out I was severely diss-appointed.
But I got it hooked up to another cab and checked with JJB and Josh for some get me close to where I need to be settings and BANG! I arrived on time to the place Wizard intends for you to get to if you only own a Wizard. :worship:
Josh Sage told me I don't know how many times' wait till you play this amp' it gets better every single time. I also gotta say as far as gain......It has plenty. I would say if anything the Wizard has taught me to slow down my thoughs about gain and to include saturation in the mix. So now I am the jedi master of gain, saturation and the uses for them both. :jedi: :jedi: all due to Wizard amps.
I can also tell ya the last nite I had my Cameron 50 watt head I just sold. I played it and then the new Wizard and I did not hear enough difference to make me change my mind. I can honestly say I love my Wizard. :yes: I have tried boosting the Wizard and it takes pedals well. I do say the Wizard does not like a pedal that trys to add any amount of dirt. It loves a pedal that JUST BOOSTS it and drives it's own signal over the top.
The Wizard is the purest tone plant I have ever owned, That is a title you will not be able to take away from it. :no: even if you do end up moving it or selling it. Like that special engine you get in a car and you change your mind on the car but want to take the engine out and keep it. But it is part of the car. I have found a new permanent GO TO AMP. :D
Now I still have alot of amps, and no one amp DOES IT ALL. But the Wizard does SOO MUCH. And I am very grateful these guys stayed on me about Wizards, they were never pushy just they knew what I did not. I had to play one, spend time with it. To understand. :confused:

You are like the expecting father!

The MC was bought to fill a gap in tone for me - raw, driven, crunch and muscle with some back bone, sustain and cut. It did just that and more. You won't be disappointed, unless you trying to cover Slipknot with it.

Steve

:LOL: :LOL: This reply is long and I am truly sorry. but the process for me to finally get the Wizard was longer than this and there is no SHORT ANSWER! :doh: But I leave you with this. I am solidly impressed, so much so I got another Wizard ordered. This one will have the new mods in it since my 1st Wizard does not.
I will play the 2nd Wizard and try to decide if one suites me better than the other. And the scary thing is I will most likely be keeping both of them. They will go good with my Bogners, my Marshalls, my modded marshalls, and my Elmwood. :cheers: I do not think you will be dissappointed in it. It will give you a new perspective. Your tastes in tone will decide if it is for you. Paul you are one of the more solid guys on this forum as far as gear knowledge so you will find what I did. Oh, the wait..........Goodluck! ;)

steve_k":2ajy0239 said:

The MC was bought to fill a gap in tone for me - raw, driven, crunch and muscle with some back bone, sustain and cut. It did just that and more. You won't be disappointed, unless you trying to cover Slipknot with it.

Steve
:hys: That's funny. Ouuch! But I guess Wizard made me happy because I found it at just the right time. Coming to the end of my trail of buying, owning all the amps you guys are always also trying. That is a very expensive journey. And I got tired of it. So now with the amps I was keepimg anyway, I am done MR. FUNNY MAN...... :LOL: :LOL:

Hollywood":sqiqo2jl said:
steve_k":sqiqo2jl said:

Steve
:hys: That's funny. Ouuch! But I guess Wizard made me happy because I found it at just the right time. Coming to the end of my trail of buying, owning all the amps you guys are always also trying. That is a very expensive journey. And I got tired of it. So now with the amps I was keepimg anyway, I am done MR. FUNNY MAN...... :LOL: :LOL:
P.S. We are snowed in down here today, so I gotta do something. ;)

Hollywood":el9pgn2k said:
Hollywood":el9pgn2k said:
steve_k":el9pgn2k said:

Steve
P.S. We are snowed in down here today, so I gotta do something. ;)

Oh damn, you ordered a second MC? What sort of mods? If I could do anything to this amp is add some bottom to it. Maybe its just the V30's.

I may need to check out the Metal though, when they surface.

Steve

I will probably only keep one of the Wizards and yes like you I am thinking about the new Metal re-issue. I want to try the 2nd MC-100 to hear the mods 1st hand and also because I know with amps and guitars and even cars dude, you can get that SPECIAL ONE. :yes: and I may have thta special one in this 1st amp I got. Would'nt it be Killer to end up knowing in my heart that this amp is so special that I sent the newly moded amp back and kept it after an A-B comparision? So This is the biggest reason I got the 2nd Wizard coming. :dunno: That and I'm sick. I need to go to ABA...Amp buyers anamous.......... :hys:

OOPS. I forgot to answer you on the speakers. I seem to use the cab with the greenbacks the most for the last week. Then I use the cab with two v-30's and two h-30's the majority of the time after that. greenbacks cab has the most bite and up front presence and the other cab gives the mc-100 the modern egde alot of guys seem to be looking for. One amo two cabs, covers a ton of ground. :rock:

My Metal has 6L6 in it and a bass boost and sounds huge with big bottom, but I'm gasing like crazy for the MC with the gain mod. Tell us how it is, BRAD. :D

With my new MC-100 I play it through slant /top cabs and stright /bottom cabs and I don't find the need for anymore bass bottom to get where I want to go and retain the cut through the mix overall tones and frequencies. But every room building venue etc.. is different so? :confused:

parntz145":w0ndmxcy said:
I was just wondering, all you guys that just got the MC. Are you happy with them? Whats your take on the amp? I should have mine by next week. I have to say im nervouse about this one. I ordered one on Wizard reputation and by hearing clips which I NEVER go by clips. Its just a lot of money for a head and I hope im not disapointed. Lets get some honest opinions here.
Thanks Paulie.

I've been playing them since 98. Hard to answer your question without knowing what type of tone your going for.

Hollywood":29uddxe6 said:
I will probably only keep one of the Wizards and yes like you I am thinking about the new Metal re-issue. I want to try the 2nd MC-100 to hear the mods 1st hand and also because I know with amps and guitars and even cars dude, you can get that SPECIAL ONE. :yes: and I may have thta special one in this 1st amp I got. Would'nt it be Killer to end up knowing in my heart that this amp is so special that I sent the newly moded amp back and kept it after an A-B comparision? So This is the biggest reason I got the 2nd Wizard coming. :dunno: That and I'm sick. I need to go to ABA...Amp buyers anamous.......... :hys:

Step 1 - admitting that you have a problem :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well, I would expect some worthwhile comparison from you on the A/B test. Or maybe not as there isn't much I can do about it. I think one MC is enough for me. Still waiting on some info on the top-secret release of a small number of Metals. Josh is being all James Bond and shit over in Oxford about them.

Steve
:checkthisout:

steve_k":160brqex said:
Hollywood":160brqex said:

Step 1 - admitting that you have a problem :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well, I would expect some worthwhile comparison from you on the A/B test. Or maybe not as there isn't much I can do about it. I think one MC is enough for me. Still waiting on some info on the top-secret release of a small number of Metals. Josh is being all James Bond and shit over in Oxford about them.

Steve
:checkthisout:
You know I gotta think the gain mod is not gonna be anything different than what the Rocket fuel pedal does for the Wizard I have right now just like the one you have and we don't have the gain mod. :confused: but I guess we will find out fairly soon. I may be wrong and if I am....I will admit it. :emofag: :emofag: Or maybe not. :LOL: :LOL:

Back