I just WAY overpaid for this....

Bad.Seed

Well, I just did something I literally never do. I overpaid. LOL

Most folks around these parts know I'm a crazy collector type, especially when it comes to cabs. I don't have a TON of really cool stuff, but I do have some. I have a couple old Marshall cabs, one stuffed with G12-65's, one with G12T75 Ventbacks, One with G12-80's, one I personally loaded with G12-K85's, one 800 era cab with the 100 watt speaakers, a 75 cab with 2 old beat greenbacks, and one of my personal favorites, the 425a cab with the G12C greenback variants.

As the years go on, I find myself more drawn to GB speakers and their variants. I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the early 90's 6402 GB Reissue, as it's considered the "holy grail" of reissued m25 greenbacks, at least from what I have read.

I found one on GC's site for $899. Came to $988 after shipping and tax, but I figured fuck it. I am working on getting my IR/Digital company rolling, and I don't want to be just another metal dude offering Mesa V30 Irs. I want to provide cool stuff that not a lot of others are doing, so I felt ok pulling the trigger on the cab knowing that I would be able to get some return on investment by making and selling irs.

Anyways, here it is. It looks crazy clean in the pictures. I personally love when old Marshall cabs are beat up and have some character, but in this case, I'm ok with it being clean :)

Any others own or have owned/played this cab? Really curious on your thoughts on these particular speakers!

1960ac.png

i wouldn't say that you WAY over paid. i'd say 700-900 is to be expected on those. i paid 800 used for my 1960av a few months back. i see others for for 700-800 on FB marketplace. I don't see 1960c cabs used very often, but aren't they pretty much the same as a 1960ax only with the all black grillcloth?

i wouldn't say that you WAY over paid. i'd say 700-900 is to be expected on those. i paid 800 used for my 1960av a few months back. i see others for for 700-800 on FB marketplace. I don't see 1960c cabs used very often, but aren't they pretty much the same as a 1960ax only with the all black grillcloth?
the grill cloth and the cones on the greenback reissues. I'm not sure how long they used those cones for but apparently that's what makes them special. I have a 1960bx cab so I will be able to compare the greenbacks against each other once the 1960ac shows up

I literally almost bought this same exact cab, but space is getting real tight
haha I feel that for sure man. Honestly I told myself no at first for the same reason, but then I was like, I'll just sell a couple of cabs that are way less cool to make the room.

6402’s are great cones!
I’d say they’re pretty close to the pulsonic cones, or, as close as reissues get.
… In my opinion.

Well, I just did something I literally never do. I overpaid. LOL

Most folks around these parts know I'm a crazy collector type, especially when it comes to cabs. I don't have a TON of really cool stuff, but I do have some. I have a couple old Marshall cabs, one stuffed with G12-65's, one with G12T75 Ventbacks, One with G12-80's, one I personally loaded with G12-K85's, one 800 era cab with the 100 watt speaakers, a 75 cab with 2 old beat greenbacks, and one of my personal favorites, the 425a cab with the G12C greenback variants.

As the years go on, I find myself more drawn to GB speakers and their variants. I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the early 90's 6402 GB Reissue, as it's considered the "holy grail" of reissued m25 greenbacks, at least from what I have read.

I found one on GC's site for $899. Came to $988 after shipping and tax, but I figured fuck it. I am working on getting my IR/Digital company rolling, and I don't want to be just another metal dude offering Mesa V30 Irs. I want to provide cool stuff that not a lot of others are doing, so I felt ok pulling the trigger on the cab knowing that I would be able to get some return on investment by making and selling irs.

Anyways, here it is. It looks crazy clean in the pictures. I personally love when old Marshall cabs are beat up and have some character, but in this case, I'm ok with it being clean :)

Any others own or have owned/played this cab? Really curious on your thoughts on these particular speakers!

View attachment 300195
Hopefully the 6402s are still there...many have pirated them over the years and sold separately........

But, they are killer and the 2nd best GB to the older blackbacks, earlier still RIC cones and of course 73 and earlier Pulsonics....

This.
Yes, the AC/BC cabs are identical to the AX/BX other than the grill cloth. But, you want the earlier 90s versions as they SHOULD have the 6402s; if they are still in the cab.
Cabs ain't coming down, unless you score something on C list......

I think the IR game is a tough one to get into nowadays because it isn't just the quality of the speaker, it is the preamp you use to capture it and the room where it is captured. You will be competing against captures done with API and Neve preamps in tuned environments. If you go that route, you might need to dedicate an amp room that is treated and have some good pres handy. But you seem to be figuring it out, I think you will make it work.

Yeah, I'm almost thinking this is an April Fools Joke. Kyle get a good deal on a clean 93 cab but ckickbaits us with "Overpaid" :LOL:

I'm just messin' with you Kyle. Good luck with your new company and maybe give us NCD rig-talk special like once landed :D

Seems like a fair price; I’ve been in the market for one as well. Let us know how it sounds if you don’t mind.

you guys have to understand, in my eyes, paying market price for ANYTHING is overpaying 😂😂
lol... i totally get it. you and your channel is like what my life was like between like 2002-2010. flipping like a dozen pieces of gear a month just to expeirence it and gain insight as to what was out there, and what everything really sounded like. you always want to pay below market so you'll at least break even when you send it out.
i took photos of most of the stuff i had, but i wish i'd fimed all the shootouts, a/b-ing, late nights taking apart cabs and swapping spaekers, etc. You tube obviously wasn't what it is today, so i didn't think anyone would care to watch it even if i did.

So you guys find that GC is willing to pop open the cab to see the speakers? Their listings never seem to show the inside.
It's a 50/50 shot depending on the store and who wants to make a sale. I've asked a few times and they did pop the cab to find out that they had been swapped.

Price is okay. As long as you are happy, who cares. 👍

What I find to be crazy is I bought a matched quad of the 6402 greenbacks here on RT for $300 shipped years ago. I still have them sitting in the boxes (not for sale). 🤣

What I find to be crazy is I bought a matched quad of the 6402 greenbacks here on RT for $300 shipped years ago. I still have them sitting in the boxes (not for sale). 🤣

I know, I have two quads of these, (one quad is new old stock), both sitting in boxes for the last 10 years or so. I do have another quad in a Bogner 4x12 cabinet right now. Great speakers..

Meh, they're ok. Better than the Chinese RI, for sure. Although, some really like those best. Funny thing is, the cones that say 53H1777 are the same thing, according to the Celestion rep about 10 yrs ago. I have 1 6402 from 93 across from 1 53H1777 from 2000. They sound identical. On top though, I have a pair of 1966 H25s. THOSE are on another level entirely.

Back