I just WAY overpaid for this....

I've tried the 6402s twice over the years.
Don't get the hype. Not a fan. Too dark. I don't care for G1265s either, so...
I like the current GB reissue much more.
+1 on the G1265’s. Had a cabinet with real ones and it did not align with the mids of my 5150II at the time. Total cocked wah attitude and way relaxed highs which would be great for someone with a super bright amp or maple guitar. I sold it decades ago here on the forum and the guy that bought it loves it and still owns it last I know.

I like my AX and BX with stock speakers. They lose that paper attitude once they’ve got some hours on them at band levels. The cabinets breathe better and don’t sound so boxy like my Splawn and 5150 cabinets did. They aren’t heavy but just sound balanced.

I actually want to buy a quad of G12H30 70th anniversary’s to load in my straight cabinet and sell the 25W greenbacks to get a Mesa oversized cabinet with V30s to mix things up.

+1 on the G1265’s. Had a cabinet with real ones and it did not align with the mids of my 5150II at the time. Total cocked wah attitude and way relaxed highs which would be great for someone with a super bright amp or maple guitar. I sold it decades ago here on the forum and the guy that bought it loves it and still owns it last I know.

I like my AX and BX with stock speakers. They lose that paper attitude once they’ve got some hours on them at band levels. The cabinets breathe better and don’t sound so boxy like my Splawn and 5150 cabinets did. They aren’t heavy but just sound balanced.

I actually want to buy a quad of G12H30 70th anniversary’s to load in my straight cabinet and sell the 25W greenbacks to get a Mesa oversized cabinet with V30s to mix things up.
I sold my G1265's that came stock in one of my cabs for the exact same reason. Was not a fan at all, but there are lots of varieties of vintage G1265's and I've tried some cabs of my friend's with them that sounded really good and actually plenty bright and cutting

Last edited:
I’m so disgusted right now..there’s literally no decent cabs for sale in this state anywhere. Fuck. I need another without fucking v30’s.

I love old Marshall cabs! The one on the bottom right from 73 is my favorite. I quit taking it on the road. Its strictly for recording now.

Attachments

• room5.jpg
    room5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Back