I Need Some Advice About my Ailing Ecstasy 101b.......

noisenet

Hey Everyone - I'm looking for some advice.
I have a Bogner Ecstacy 101b (I think it's from 2006-ish but I'm not sure). It's been non functional for around a year now - I was running it through a Weber Z-Matcher and errantly (and stupidly) switched the impedance on the Z-Matcher while the amp was active with signal passing through it. I know I know - what a colossal dumbass move - I just wasn't thinking. I'm pretty sure the output transformer is hosed - I did take it to my tech who replaced a few components - the amp was working on a Friday night so he left it so he could test it again on Monday - came in Monday, fired it up and nothing. Dead. At that point he told me he thought it was probably an intermittent issue with the Output Transformer and that's obviously a more expensive repair. I opted to not go forward with the repair for financial reasons.

If I were to choose to have it repaired, where should I look for a replacement OT? I looked at Mercury, they have a direct drop in replacement priced at $350-ish. Is this about the norm oris that a high price for a good high quality replacement OT?

I'd like to sell the amp, but I'm not sure how to list it nor what my asking price should be. The amp's messed up, but it is still a Bogner, y'know?

Any insight from you amp gurus out there?

Back