I need to address the Cameron reverse engeneering thing

J.B.

First off, holy shit balls....35 PMs today!! Is that a record?

In another thread, I posted my friends amp he built which he based off of a Cameron HG Jose he had. I also told a few people about it. I got a phone call from Mark imediately afterward (sorry Mark, too late here, I'm 2 hours behind you).

I need to tell everybody, that this is his personal amp. He isn't in the "amp Biz". He does it for himself and close friends like myself. Yes, he reverse engeneered it. But added and changed a few things to his liking. A lot of people PMed me about this asking for schems and if he'd mod an amp for them. The short answer is no.

He is very sick with something that is unknown to doctors and takes care of 3 kids all day. He doesn't have a lot of time, and won't give out schems to people (sorry). I don't know what the future holds for him of course, but for now, I don't see him building anything for anybody but himself right now.

Sorry guys. I thought I need to address this.

damn JB. so you werent joking about the wife sleeping and stuff :aww:

i hope your friend is doing alright... stuff like that isnt cool at all to hear :no:

i have no idea why people would ask for schematics and/or expect someone to backline a mod that isnt even theres.. i mean come on people if that doesnt spell out jail time i dont know what does. mark isnt dead and the only reason the jose mods are out there is because the guys in a coffin sleeping at peace - he cant make any money off of it.

im SURE mark has them patented and under copyright law anyways, so even if someone did try to make the amplifier and sell it for profit im sure lawsuits would follow.

i mean, i dont work on any amplifiers or mod them locally without first taking serial numbers and such. ive got a file just of that info, im sure mark does the same there as well.

but JB did you honestly think you could mention that on a forum where Mark is well known and respected for his work and not get any PM's for schematics :D

glpg80":1bvb8trq said:
but JB did you honestly think you could mention that on a forum where Mark is well known and respected for his work and not get any PM's for schematics :D
Yeah, I know. I acted and thought later. :scared: We'll all live throught it though. ;) :D

J.B.":1vi4b8vi said:
glpg80":1vi4b8vi said:
Yeah, I know. I acted and thought later. :scared: We'll all live throught it though. ;) :D

At least you were completely honest about the situation. I'm sure Mark appreciates it.

J.B.":22uer8yy said:
glpg80":22uer8yy said:

:LOL: :LOL:

i hate those. usually happens on date nights. :scared:

People do reverse engineering on all kinds of things. All the guys that do mods and build amps have done it. Many if not all amps come from this practice.

Most of the time they learn how things are done ..... add on there own things or add a few different ideas together and create something new.

Nothing is new under the sun.

I have know the person for about 20 years and have known about the amp for some time. Like JB said .... he made the amp with things to his taste and for himself. It is more influenced by the other amp than a duplicate. Like all the guys that do this kind of thing he has done this with a few different kinds of amps he likes.

Besides anyone can take apart any amp or anything else and build on the ideas for there own use. Making money off it is a very different thing.

Who fucking cares? Who cares about cloning an obscure amp that is from a company that is barely in existance and not fufilling it's orders?

I mean, people clone Marshalls too, right?

japetus":1crayazw said:
Who fucking cares? Who cares about cloning an obscure amp that is from a company that is barely in existance and not fufilling it's orders?

I mean, people clone Marshalls too, right?

Marshall
Mesa
Soldano (hell theres a forum dedicated to it)
Dumble
Sunn
Vox

you name it, pretty much most amps are being cloned on a daily basis, this is NOTHING new.

And I'll be honest, I was one of the people who P.M.'d JB, but I have NO desire to pass out Marks stuff, I just can't afford to buy a Cameron, or can't afford to buy and amp then pay Mark to mod and cant afford the wait times, BUT I can afford a kit if need be. I know Mark and would NEVER give out his "secrets" but would give my left nut to have one of the amps.

This is an email that I got not too long ago. Unbelievable!

"I'm gopherbroke on the gear page. Is there any way you be willing to have your soldano surfbox written out for a schematic. I am poor and have wanted one of these for years. I have a guy who can make them happne if I get a schematic. I bet we could raise some funds among the forumites if your'e not rich or if if would be worth your time. Just asking. take care.

Roger"

There's a lot of irony in the 'unfairness' of somebody reverse-engineering a Cameron Jose-modded Marshall circuit...

J.B.":3vtlt3z6 said:
I got a phone call from Mark imediately afterward (sorry Mark, too late here, I'm 2 hours behind you).

Hahaha.

That piece of shit Cameron can suddenly appear, surf the web, and make phone calls whenever his business appears to be "threatened" but can't get off his ass to actually make the product that people have paid money for, likely to support whatever vice, addiction, or life problem he has.

Cameron's mods have been reverse engineered on the Metro forum (and similar) for a long time.
I don't know why people would be harassing you J.B.
Let people Google it and try it for themselves, and hopefully they don't get electrocuted.
I actually know an amp tech that made a few clones of a client's/friend's Cameron so he doesn't have to take it on tour with him.

glpg80":3f1ei7lb said:
im SURE mark has them patented and under copyright law anyways, so even if someone did try to make the amplifier and sell it for profit im sure lawsuits would follow.
That's actually one of the funniest things I've read here in awhile. :LOL: :LOL: Thanks for that man!

Steve

jonny toetags":1dtkfojr said:
Cameron's mods have been reverse engineered on the Metro forum (and similar) for a long time.
I've never seen a thread at Metro with his mods reverse engineered. He is active over there and I'm sure he would have raised hell about it. Point me to the thread(s). I don't believe what you're saying is right/true...

Steve

Juggernaut":1e413fhz said:
danyeo":1e413fhz said:

I'd love to have one of Mikes creations just as much as Marks, but alas, I'm but a lowly maintenance worker, and can't afford either.....

$7-800 for a 1987x
$620 for the Cali mod and shipping

$1420 you have an amp just as good as a Cameron ;) The thing is you better act quickly.

Back