I want a non account and non ink subscription color printer with USB or ethernet connectivity

I was just telling my wife about your frustration with printer subscriptions. She said she was just reading an article that they're starting to pull this bullshit with cars too. Manufacturers are starting to make it where if you don't have a subscription service they will block certain features you paid for. The other part of the article was a person's payment took a few extra days to clear and went past the due date. The car was completely bricked/unable to start until the payment cleared.

I was just telling my wife about your frustration with printer subscriptions. She said she was just reading an article that they're starting to pull this bullshit with cars too. Manufacturers are starting to make it where if you don't have a subscription service they will block certain features you paid for. The other part of the article was a person's payment took a few extra days to clear and went past the due date. The car was completely bricked/unable to start until the payment cleared.

I can't believe people are just letting this shit happen to them.....there should be classaction lawsuits already. Since I just recently decided I should get a new printer I just kinda stepped into this.... I didn't know HP and now most of the other printer companies are requiring this at the time of purchase for their printers to work even though they always cover their ass saying it is optional. If it's optional then you should be able to buy the printer then decide if you want to enroll it in the program and make an account with the company or not....period.

You have to ask yourself why would every printer company in the world be demanding all your print job be sent to the cloud and since they control all the software updates to your printer at any time, they can take your printers off line or make them unusable. All this to product hardware you bought and paid for.

All of the boxes have the disclaimer on all the wireless printers.... almost all of them, HP, Brother, Epson, Lexmark and now Canon wireless ones they all seem to be marching in lockstep. I will not pay monthly rent on a printer that I own..... I will not! If people stopped capitulating this shit would end quickly.

Last edited:
I will not pay monthly rent on a printer that I own..... I will not! If people stopped capitulating this shit would end quickly.
giphy.gif

Back