ibanez s7420 vs s1220

schecter player

The two guitars Ive been keeping my eye on are on the bay and im debating wether or no I should get one. The s7420 is a 7 string and the 1220 is a 6 string.

I used to own the S7420, I miss that guitar a shitload, very lightweight and awesome feel to it. Are you getting the Black Pearl or Twilight Blue Flame Maple?

Edit: Nevermind you own this guitar...

Diablo":10d7a said:
I used to own the S7420, I miss that guitar a shitload, very lightweight and awesome feel to it. Are you getting the Black Pearl or Twilight Blue Flame Maple?

Edit: Nevermind you own this guitar...

What? :? I never said I owned that guitar. I wish I did. I am saying both of those guitars are on ebay. If I were to get one it would be the the twilight blue flame maple.

my bad dude, it's been a long day for me, I saw Harvest's guitars and he has one, I have no clue how I mixed you and him up so forgive me.

What would you like to know about the S7420?

the s7420 is not only an amazing guitar but very rare
the other s i'm sure is very good but i would spring for the 7

i have an s470 and it's a great guitar.

The Armadillo of leprosy":2a0fe said:

not to mention one of the best 7 string necks around!!!!!

schecter player":eb137 said:
I've heard bad things about the floyd though for he 7420. Also, would it be hard to install emg's?

you can always buy a tremol-no for the floyd so you can make it a hardtail or dive only. EMG's require the same work in any 7string or more guitar, can you route or enlarge the pickup cavity?

since you're in Arizona as well then you may want to PM juggernaut and see if brent can take up on that task, he lives over in phoenix and builds guitars, hasnt done any 7 string stuff but probably can route for EMGs easy.

yeah the trem isn't the BEST but it is replacable. it works though, don't let anyone tell you it doesn't work.

as far as emgs you'll definately have to route the body for it and you probably don't wanna do that...your call though

decent price depending ona lot of circumstances is between 500-1000...huge range but it's just dependant on how many are for sale and who's GASing the most :D

The Armadillo of leprosy":751b2 said:

the S7420 isn't that rare....the rare one is the 540S7

The trem is a Lo TRS 7 - not bad but not an Edge trem, and you can't replace the TSR with an Edge without serious mods.

Get the S7420!

Back