Ibanez TS 9 stacked vs Deadweald Duality DX

Simon Dorn

There you have it. Just some random noodling to compare the Pedals, to see how they sound, feel and record. Duality DX starts at 4:37
I was in the room while i recorded it with proper volume. I was quite surprised how similar it sounds recorded.

Got the Pedals yesterday. It's kinda almost the same.
I plug them in, i tweak, i kinda like it, compare it end up liking the new thing (you know, the "Thing" :D ) better, come back the next day, tweak more, the new thing inspires me to tweak the old thing (you know the old "Thing" :D ) both are cool and in this case the old thing sounds a bit more modern and the new thing sounds a bit more classic.
So there's no need for the new thing and bam 300 Bucks saved and less cables and stuff. And everything is fine.
Until i send the new thing back and after a while tadaaaa: it all starts over again.
And here's the thing: I'm looking forward to my JP-2C and i will probably have the same issue. :D

sounds awesome, I very slightly prefer the Duality, has a cool low mid thing going to my ears. What speakers in your cab?

IMG_2112.jpeg

I came to the conclusion, that a TS-Style-Pedal with clean gain, in combination with a TC-Preamp-Style-Pedal and a Noise Gate works best.

Back