Ibanez UV777 replacement bridge

CEG85

What’s up guys.
Need your help on sourcing a suitable replacement bridge for an Ibanez uv777, as well has a proper locking bridge.
I mainly use Les Pauls so this guitar is a departure from what I normally play.
Basically pulled out this guitar after being in storage for over 12 years, and needles to say it needs some work to get it in proper playing condition.
It currently has the stock bridge but I’m getting this weird rattling that won’t go away.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!

The UV’s came with 2 different bridges, which will change the answer. Is it a LoPro or an Edge Pro?

But a rattling sound should be able to be resolved, you sure it’s not the springs in the spring cavity reverberating?

The UV’s came with 2 different bridges, which will change the answer. Is it a LoPro or an Edge Pro?

But a rattling sound should be able to be resolved, you sure it’s not the springs in the spring cavity reverberating?
Im pretty sure its the LoPro bridge, I know its one of the earlier UV777 runs they did at Fujigen (without the 2 strips on the back of the neck).
Checked the springs and the rattling is definitely coming from the back of the bridge. The problem is I cant really pinpoint exactly where its coming from.
I feel like its just easier to change it out.

Eh, the LoPro is a fucking GREAT bridge. A Gotoh 1996t (7-string version) will fit the route as a replacement, but I’d definitely pop the LoPro off first and find out what’s rattling, you just need to slack the strings and remove the springs. Everything on them is able to be tightened up with either a screwdriver or allen wrench, so whatever’s rattling should be easy enough to figure out.

You also got a killer UV!

I would just pull the bridge out and apart. Cleaning and reassembly should sort out whatever the problem is.

Otherwise, you can buy the same bridge or use an OFR7. I think sometimes I've had to lightly grind down the OFR7 baseplate to fit into the Lo Pro 7 cavity or use shorter lock screws, but it'll fit if you really want it to.

Eh, the LoPro is a fucking GREAT bridge. A Gotoh 1996t (7-string version) will fit the route as a replacement, but I’d definitely pop the LoPro off first and find out what’s rattling, you just need to slack the strings and remove the springs. Everything on them is able to be tightened up with either a screwdriver or allen wrench, so whatever’s rattling should be easy enough to figure out.

You also got a killer UV!
Thanks man, I generally don’t play 7 strings, but this UV really is great guitar, definitely worth making it playable again.
I remember seeing it in GC back in the mid 2000’s and just bought it on a whim, I think I paid like 8 or $900 for it. Played it for a few years and went into hiding.
It’s a funny feeling opening up that guitar case, it’s like seeing an old friend again.

Regarding the bridge, I think I’m gonna remove it and try to sort out the rattling situation.
Really appreciate the recommendation on the replacement.
I would just pull the bridge out and apart. Cleaning and reassembly should sort out whatever the problem is.

Otherwise, you can buy the same bridge or use an OFR7. I think sometimes I've had to lightly grind down the OFR7 baseplate to fit into the Lo Pro 7 cavity or use shorter lock screws, but it'll fit if you really want it to.
Yeah, I’m hoping cleaning it out will remedy the problem. It happens when I’m playing on certain parts of the neck or an open B or high E string for example.
I’m interested more in a direct replacement bridge if I can’t sort out the original one, but I’ll definitely take a look at the OFR7.
Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks man, I generally don’t play 7 strings, but this UV really is great guitar, definitely worth making it playable again.
I remember seeing it in GC back in the mid 2000’s and just bought it on a whim, I think I paid like 8 or $900 for it. Played it for a few years and went into hiding.
It’s a funny feeling opening up that guitar case, it’s like seeing an old friend again.

Regarding the bridge, I think I’m gonna remove it and try to sort out the rattling situation.
Really appreciate the recommendation on the replacement.

Yeah, I’m hoping cleaning it out will remedy the problem. It happens when I’m playing on certain parts of the neck or an open B or high E string for example.
I’m interested more in a direct replacement bridge if I can’t sort out the original one, but I’ll definitely take a look at the OFR7.
Much appreciated!

If you end up swapping the bridge out and want to get rid of that LoPro, let me know!!!

Also, hit up Rich at IbanezRules.com for any questions you have when troubleshooting the LoPro, you won’t find anyone with more knowledge of that trem and those particular guitars. Hahahha and if you bought that same UV now there’s little chance you’d be spending under $2K used.

If you end up swapping the bridge out and want to get rid of that LoPro, let me know!!!

Also, hit up Rich at IbanezRules.com for any questions you have when troubleshooting the LoPro, you won’t find anyone with more knowledge of that trem and those particular guitars. Hahahha and if you bought that same UV now there’s little chance you’d be spending under $2K used.
Absolutely!
Im gonna check out Ibanezrules and contact Rich.
Your right, I checked the prices on these not to long after dusting off the guitar (for curiosity sake) and they really jumped up.
Mine does have a few bumps and bruises but its still in good shape.
Definitely going to play it more after everything is sorted out.
Again, I really appreciate your help!

Quick update, I did end up fixing the bridge.
One of the fine tuners wasn’t making contact with the metal bar underneath which caused the rattle sound.
Decided to do a little research on the guitar while I was at it.
Serial number starts off with F97 (FujiGen 1997) which was actually the first year these uv777’s were being produced, Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back