Ideas for a bad ass off the wall head for death/black metal

No difference in tone between PTP and PCB. What matters is that the components are laid out well.

I've played my share of amps, and nothing sounds more metal to me than a Triple Recto boosted with an OD808. Maybe a bit generic sounding because so many bands record with essentially that set up, but there's a reason for that.

TwinJet'll get you what you want - and you can scoop the living bejesus out of it (bearing in mind that'll also effect your cut in live situations, but whatever). TwinJet gets my vote.

Original Madison Prophecy.. If you can find one. Evil scooped SS death metal tone for days. Should have kept mine. Pretty rare amp.

Ventura":3u9s7uvx said:
TwinJet'll get you want you want - and you can scoop the living bejesus out of it (bearing in mind that'll also effect your cut in live situations, but whatever). TwinJet gets my vote.

+1

Damn straight!!!!

I would try a Mesa Mark III if you can try one out with your rig. They're amazingly tight amps. The tone isn't as thick as a Rectifier, but it's got tons and tons more gain than you will ever need.

If not the Mark III, then anything with a stiff feel will be required. If it's tube power on a budget you're looking for, I'd definitely check out the Krank Krankensteins too. They're very, very stiff...almost solid state, and they run 6L6s.

What about ENGL Savage 120 or ENGL Savage SE?
I have an ENGL Savage SE and it can do death/black right out of the box.

I just don`t know for how much they`re going outside Europe.

The Savage 120 is a beast. I used it to record a black/death metal album with one and it's brutal sounding.

Back